D* in Hawaii

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dune

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
Kailua Kona, HI
I'm currently an E* subscriber in Hawaii using 2 dishes to pick up both the 119 and 110 sat's available here. I also subscribe to the HD pak.

Since I think D* is going to be better in the long run HD wise, I was wondering which sat's I could pick up in Hawaii and if anyone thinks I would be better off switching.

Hawaii usually gets the short end when it comes to programming.

Thanks

Aloha

Sorry to say that while I am a loyal directv fan and I think everyone should use them. I say you should stick with Dish. Directv doesn't even offer local channels in your area. Dish does have your locals though. If you are only in it for the HD programming try Voom and see what you think.

As for Hawaii getting the short end of the stick just think of the poor folks on the mainland who have to deal with snow.

Mahalo

saddlesitting

I dont think Voom would work in Hawaii...The west coast of the US has an elevation of like 12. Hawaii would be negative something :)

Currently we are using special 35" (90cm) dishes in Hawaii for DirecTV. We have had minimal rain fade with these dishes. Yes, Dish does provide locals. DirecTV is working on it but it might not happen for a few years. I have had DirecTV for a few months now without any problems. Some areas and islands in Hawaii are FCC exempt due to the mountainous conditions so they are able to receive LA locals. I am happy with my DirecTV in Hawaii. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts