D* in South America

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rick4464

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 25, 2005
Point of Rocks, MD
Does anybody know if the US equipment can be used in Ecuador, S.A. if activated in the US? If so, where would the bird be located?

I was just there and saw a few people with D* dishes and even saw a large office building with DirecTv logo on it (maybe Ecuador's HQ). I would like to be able to activate a box here and bill it to my account, but would use it while visiting family and leave it there.

Rick4464 said:
Does anybody know if the US equipment can be used in Ecuador, S.A. if activated in the US? If so, where would the bird be located?

You are not going to have much, if any luck, receiving DirecTV USA signals in Ecuador.

I was just there and saw a few people with D* dishes and even saw a large office building with DirecTv logo on it (maybe Ecuador's HQ). I would like to be able to activate a box here and bill it to my account, but would use it while visiting family and leave it there.

They have a seperate satellite business for non-USA called DirecTV Latin America, LLC. They have their own equipment.

I went to the website but could not find anything on pricing or equipment used. Website was actually not that helpful other than being able to see what's on tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.