D* is not doing away with OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sporadic coverage? Directv has hd lil's in most of the top 70 markets! When D11 is up and running that number will go way up, no doubt.

They are not the top 70 markets. Keep in mind that DIRECTV's subscriber base seems to be skewed to rural populations. People are more likely to subscribe to satellite when it is their only choice.

For example, DIRECTV may have HD LIL available to 60% of the US population and that only represent 40% of their subscriber base (just an example, no actual numbers available).

Sporadic as in not covering some of the key channels. See more by searching for "Lin" or "PBS"

You certainly are persistent (pigheaded), aren't you? Are you blaming Directv for not having PBS or any of the LIN stations in hd?

Just got off the phone with D*, was told any receivers bought on Ebay will be a waste of money since they wouldn't activate them, even BRAND NEW! I must admit though the dude I ran into at D* sales was very arrogant wouldn't even let me ask questions, so I take his word with a giant grain of salt.

Also the indication is the HR21 is replacing HR20, it is more and more difficult to find HR20 online or in stores, where HR21 is everywhere.

How can they continue to charge $299 when it is minus OTA HD, and half of the number of tuners? Because they can?

Just got off the phone with D*, was told any receivers bought on Ebay will be a waste of money since they wouldn't activate them, even BRAND NEW! I must admit though the dude I ran into at D* sales was very arrogant wouldn't even let me ask questions, so I take his word with a giant grain of salt.

Also the indication is the HR21 is replacing HR20, it is more and more difficult to find HR20 online or in stores, where HR21 is everywhere.

How can they continue to charge $299 when it is minus OTA HD, and half of the number of tuners? Because they can?
They WILL activate them. You may have to pay any fees left on it if it isnt new and get an access card, but there is NO REASON why they wouldnt. That guy didn know what he was talking about would be my guess.

Are you blaming Directv for not having PBS or any of the LIN stations in hd?
Whom would you recommend shoulder the blame for programming that they don't carry? If you do the math on their marketing claims, DIRECTV should have the downlink capacity for 1000 HD LIL channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)