D* Locals in Mankato, MN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mmenne

Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Anybody have any idea what's happening with this? We were supposed to go live on Dec. 28th with Rochester, MN. No dice. Every time I call D* all I get is the same stupid CSR answer "coming soon". Even the supervisors tell me that and can't tell me what's going on.

I contacted KEYC (the one station in our DMA) and spoke to the GM and they said D* has already been there and had all the equipment installed and ready to for Dec. 28. Last they heard was middle of Jan. It's now Feb. 2nd and still no locals. The local station doesn't seem to know why either.

Confusing and frustrating...

welcome :wave to Satelliteguys fomr a fellow MN (I'm about 50 miles up 169 in Shakopee) :)

Last I heard was end of the year for Mankato local on D* But I havent heard anything since then.

I wonder what locals from Mpls you'll get with KEYC....technically KAAL (ABC 6) in Austin is Grade B but I have a feeling you'll get 2, 4, 5, 9 and 11 from Mpls. 4 is a maybe as its CBS too :)

(OT: I dont know why but my mom loves the River Hills Mall....I tag along to go to Long John Silvers. :hungry: ..LJS in Kato is a helluva lot better than the crap we have here in the TC and those Taco Bell/LJS ones)

Last edited:
KAAL is Technically Grade B, but unfortunately, it's in the OPPOSITE direction as KEYC's transmitter. KEYC's trasmitter is in Lewisville, which is due West of my house. KAAL is south east (about an hour to an hour and a half drive). I don't have a rotor and have no desire to upgrade my roof antenna.

I can pick up the twin cities stations once in a great while if the conditions are just right. Problem is I'm 10 miles south of Mankato and I think we're also down in the valley a bit.

I just got an e-mail response from DirecTV today. Now the CSR tells me there are NO plans for local channels. KEYC says they have the equipment there and installed, it's up up DirecTV to "turn it on".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts