D* loves me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slls

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
Just received a letter from D*. It's my anniversary date so they gave me Showtime free for 3 months, it was already turned on. I can't but like D*.

Key point, they don't give an anniversary gift until you reach 3 years.

Most gifts are 3 month premium channel, some free PPVs, or a small discount for 6 months or so, depending on what you already subscribe to.

Key point, they don't give an anniversary gift until you reach 3 years.

Most gifts are 3 month premium channel, some free PPVs, or a small discount for 6 months or so, depending on what you already subscribe to.

Is there specific formula that they use to figure out what to give? I am getting 5 bucks a month for 5 months....I sub to the premiere package with HD/locals & extra receivers...

Is there specific formula that they use to figure out what to give? I am getting 5 bucks a month for 5 months....I sub to the premiere package with HD/locals & extra receivers...

If there is it not given to agents

but basically i noticed this. at three years mark you get free showtime / or 3 free ppv movies if you have anything but premier if you have premeir 3 ppv movies or a credit depenind on what i dont know .

Just received a letter from D*. It's my anniversary date so they gave me Showtime free for 3 months, it was already turned on. I can't but like D*.
I hope you are not on a grandfathered package. When it stops being "free" and you go to turn it off online you will have to change packages. They only way to avoid it is to call.

I hope you are not on a grandfathered package. When it stops being "free" and you go to turn it off online you will have to change packages. They only way to avoid it is to call.
Not true. When I got my 3 months free of Showtime for 3 months, they turned it off on their own after 3 months, and my grandfathered, Total Choice Plus package, is still with me.

Last edited:

I did not tell them to turn Showtime on, so why should I have to tell them to turn it off.

3 months free of hbo/show/starz like what new customers and moving customers get have to be called in to be removed

Anniversary gift offers automatically cancel

Nice idea, but I wish they would let me choose something comparable from maybe a short menu of choices - might be able to select something I'd actually use. Have had it "free" for a month now - have not watched it once.

It's really only a perk if it's something that you use.

Honstly it just some promotion gimmick. dtv happy if 25 % of the loyal customers appericate the token gift. Personally I think they should just send a letter give you 3 options and a number to call to pick one of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts