D** on Demand Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sori4mvp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I have dsl through ATT Bell South and have a Westell Modem. I connect the modem to my computer with the USB cable. So I have an available Ethernet spot on it, can I connect my Directv HD DVR Receiver right into the ethernet on my modem or do I need a router?

Well, I don't think that's going to work, plus my computer is on the other side of the living room. Anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of router to buy, the cheaper the better. I've never really hooked up a router before, helped my Dad once, but I wasn't a huge help. lol Thanks for any advice.

Well, I don't think that's going to work, plus my computer is on the other side of the living room. Anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of router to buy, the cheaper the better. I've never really hooked up a router before, helped my Dad once, but I wasn't a huge help. lol Thanks for any advice.

Are you getting a fixed IP address from AT&T? You more then likely will need a router. You should be able to pick one up for under $50

The cheaper the better is not always a great deal; shoot for better quality and then find out whats in your budget. Look for a D-link DI-624 or DIR-655

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts