Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Hey guys,
I am curious, exactly how the On Demand selection is achieved.

I always thought that you could pull up the current years worth of Seasons programming on it.

For example, If I watch NCIS, I go to the On Demand CBS channel and search for NCIS and it would pull up this Season ep 1 thru the end ....

Is that not how it's suppose to work ?

Recently I have come across two instances that I was not happy to find.

The other day a friend of mine called me and wanted to know how to get the Season Finale of NCIS to watch on the TV (pretty sure they could find it at CBS on line) .

When I got home, I pulled up NCIS and found like 4 episodes available instead of all of them, also it was not listed by Title (Damned if you Do, was the Season finale) nor was it don't by Air date from what I recall.

So, do they not show the whole season on the On Demand and how do you choose YOUR Episode ?

Of the 4 that were listed, they were from various times, no rhyme or reason.

Hey guys,
I am curious, exactly how the On Demand selection is achieved.

I always thought that you could pull up the current years worth of Seasons programming on it.

For example, If I watch NCIS, I go to the On Demand CBS channel and search for NCIS and it would pull up this Season ep 1 thru the end ....

Is that not how it's suppose to work ?

Recently I have come across two instances that I was not happy to find.

The other day a friend of mine called me and wanted to know how to get the Season Finale of NCIS to watch on the TV (pretty sure they could find it at CBS on line) .

When I got home, I pulled up NCIS and found like 4 episodes available instead of all of them, also it was not listed by Title (Damned if you Do, was the Season finale) nor was it don't by Air date from what I recall.

So, do they not show the whole season on the On Demand and how do you choose YOUR Episode ?

Of the 4 that were listed, they were from various times, no rhyme or reason.

Directv just seems to add random episodes from random seasons on a lot of them. The on Sanand feature to me is more of a "we have on demand" type deal and that's as far as it goes. I've never been able to locate a movie or show I was actually looking for but plenty of crap I didn't care for. Cable to me has a better on demand section than directv does

Directv just seems to add random episodes from random seasons on a lot of them. The on Sanand feature to me is more of a "we have on demand" type deal and that's as far as it goes. I've never been able to locate a movie or show I was actually looking for but plenty of crap I didn't care for. Cable to me has a better on demand section than directv does

While I agree with what you've said here, when I look to like Syfy for Haven or Eureka for the On Demand stuff, I was always able to fine the episodes that I was looking for, maybe I was just lucky ...

I was starting to come to the conclusion that the On Demand for TV Shows was that you could get the Current seasons stuff on it, hence my reference to Eureka and Haven, but maybe thats not the case, as like you pointed out that some shows may not have the current programming.

I find the entire idea of on-demand to be a waste of bandwidth - especially with DVRs. The VOD-only channels (1800s) are acceptable - but why not just record NCIS on the DVR? It'd be HD, and available immediately after the show was over... or live. Of course, the instant VOD PPV movies are a good option, too. But CBS on demand in SD? No thanks...

blame the network not DirecTV, but i always felt the Premium Channels update the best, the network take few days or weeks to post the newer show and they don't keep them up for very long

VOD is worthless imho unless it is in HD ...
I agree that they should be in HD or nothing ...

I find the entire idea of on-demand to be a waste of bandwidth - especially with DVRs. The VOD-only channels (1800s) are acceptable - but why not just record NCIS on the DVR? It'd be HD, and available immediately after the show was over... or live. Of course, the instant VOD PPV movies are a good option, too. But CBS on demand in SD? No thanks...

In the instance I was referring to is I have a friend down south at the moment that wanted to watch the Season Finale of NCIS with her family down there on the TV, they have D* and thought they could pull the episode up on the On Demand ...
As it turns out, CBS doesn't align thier ON Demand like SciFi and USA does.
When I previously missed a Eureka episode or Haven or whatnot, I could go to the channel and pull up the episode that I missed as long as it was during the season.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)