• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lxngtnguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Lexington, KY
OK so like a lot of you I am sure know D* had on their website for a week that the protection plan was included for the 1st 12/mos free....well I like a lot of people jumped on that bandwagon and signed up....yet I get my bill today and you got it.... 02/19 03/18 DIRECTV Protection Plan Monthly 5.99 is on my bill....and no credit to take the charge off....well glad I captured the screen of the availability of the service and of me requesting it....either they will give it for 12/mos free....or lets all raise hell if you signed up under the same pretense....

HERE ARE MY SCREEN SHOTS, I HAVE WATERMARKED THEM SO PEOPLE CANT CHEAT AND SAY TO DIRECTV THAT THEY ARE THEIRS....

Attachments

• DPPLXN1.jpg
    DPPLXN1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 312
  • DPPLXN2.jpg
    DPPLXN2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 333
Call DirecTV and let them know whats going on....they should be able to fix it.

My recent activity is showing zero cost, I'll wait until the real bill.

If they do charge for it, I'm not going to fight, just have them turn it off and waive any charges. I do believe it could be a misunderstanding with the new account mgmt section.

I had my install last Saturday and I never asked for the protection plan when signing up or when the tech was here doing the install. When I look at my account online it shows that I have the PP at zero cost. Is it just free for the first month?

Nice job thinking of the the screen capture...:up
I know nothing of the promotion, so can't speak to that specifically. I have no reason to believe it or not.

But in this day and age, a screen shot doesn't necessarily 'prove' anything. It would be pretty simple to modify a screen shot via Photoshop (or similar program) to make it say anything you want. I'm not accusing the OP of doing so, just pointing out that a screen shot might not be an acceptable form of "proof" in some cases these days. They may accept that, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I could take a screen shot of my account right now, and with 2 minutes work 'prove' that my lease fees were supposed to be $0 this month.

I had my install last Saturday and I never asked for the protection plan when signing up or when the tech was here doing the install. When I look at my account online it shows that I have the PP at zero cost. Is it just free for the first month?

The PP should be free for the first three months even if you ordered it from the beginnig because the initial installation carries a 90-day warranty.

For existing subs passed the first 90 days if the PP is then ordered, it will take effect after 30 days not immediately, and the monthly charge will begin after 30 days too, so you can not call right after some blown dish and expect it be fixed free the next day.

I decided to add the PP last week after the free 12-month thing showed up online, but I had prepared for it to be a freak. I was planning to call at around the 60th day from my installation to add PP anyway.

Equipment wise - it waives the shipping fee to replace.

It also covers fixing the dish/switch - which are not leased.

Also covers re-pointing the dish when needed.

Here's A Twist

Ok, so now I get the attached in the mail yesterday...It clearly shows the protection plan for the term of a year at $0.00/month. And as far as this
The PP should be free for the first three months even if you ordered it from the beginnig because the initial installation carries a 90-day warranty.

For existing subs passed the first 90 days if the PP is then ordered, it will take effect after 30 days not immediately, and the monthly charge will begin after 30 days too, so you can not call right after some blown dish and expect it be fixed free the next day.

I decided to add the PP last week after the free 12-month thing showed up online, but I had prepared for it to be a freak. I was planning to call at around the 60th day from my installation to add PP anyway.
..... Not correct....even though install carries 90 day warranty if you sign up at any point before the 90 days are up then after 30 days from date of sign up have passed you begin getting billed.....you are correct on the second paragraph....and I will tell you you better be watching your bill because it showed on my activity the same way and when the bill was actually generated I was billed.....

Current Charges for Service Period 02/19/08 - 03/18/08

02/19 03/18 PLUS HD DVR Monthly 69.99

02/19 03/18 HBO, STARZ!, SHOWTIME, & CINEMAX Monthly 42.00

01/19 04/18 DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK 3 Months Free 0.00

02/19 03/18 DIRECTV Protection Plan Monthly 5.99

02/19 03/18 DIRECTV DVR Service $5.99/mo Included in Base Pkg 0.00

Fees

02/20 Leased Receiver 4.99

02/20 Primary Leased Receiver 4.99

Adjustments & Credits

02/17 New Customer Offer -10.00 Credit

02/17 HBO/STARZ/SHO/MAX for 3 Months -42.00 Credit

02/17 Customer Referral -10.00 Credit

02/17 AAA New Customer Discount -10.00 Credit

02/07 02/18 DIRECTV on DEMAND Partial Month Charge 0.00

02/20 Primary Leased Receiver -4.99 Credit

Taxes

Sales Tax 3.66

KY Gross Revenues Reimbursement Tax 2.69

AMOUNT DUE $57.32

Attachments

• DTVPP.jpg
    DTVPP.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 171
I called DirecTV retention after the web changed from $0 for 12 months to $5.99/mo. and was told the first 90-day free PP even if I ordered it, I wasn't too sure so he said he was going to put a note in there in case someone makes a mistake again bills me $5.99 before my 4th bill, I could call back and have the fees credited back. Will see.

Please Read!!!!!!!!

I called DirecTV retention after the web changed from $0 for 12 months to $5.99/mo. and was told the first 90-day free PP even if I ordered it, I wasn't too sure so he said he was going to put a note in there in case someone makes a mistake again bills me $5.99 before my 4th bill, I could call back and have the fees credited back. Will see.

Good luck with that, I received a call yesterday from the executive support team. I sent in an email through the website outlining all of the places (here, dbs, and a couple others) that people were talking about the protection plan being free. Seemed to have sparked some interest in the high up level people. She told me that, yes your install is covered for 90 days, yes the receivers and accessories are covered for 90 days, however the charges for shipping a new receiver, and anything that is not related to the fault of the actual install (high wind messes with dish, other such issues) are not covered under the warranty and would require the charge for the repair, repeak, etc. She said that they were unable to locate a promotion that was in place for the time to provide the protection plan for 12 mos at no cost, however she said that she would continue the research and would escillate the issue to the executive response team. She requested that I send her a copy of the document I received in the mail (see previous post). She also stated that she would notify the regular CSR's about the issue and would tell them that they could advise removing the plan at no charge or to leave it on and if it is found that they will honor it then credit shall be issued for the time charged. I think that someone made an error when redesigning the site and posted last junes information when they were offering the plan for 12 months at no charge, then realized the problem and corrected it without notifying anyone about the possibility of customers signing up for it during the time that it was on the site. Hopefully they will come through.... !protest I URGE EACH OF YOU THAT SIGNED UP DURING THE FREE PERIOD TO CALL & EMAIL DIRECTV UPON YOUR BILLING AND COMPLAIN, IF YOU EMAIL THEM FROM THE SITE IT WILL GET TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE, PUT PLEASE FORWARD TO EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN THE FIRST LINE. IF ENOUGH OF US LET THEM KNOW THAT IT WAS ON THEIR SITE AND FEEL IT SHOULD BE HONORED THEN MAYBE THEY WILL DO IT.

When inquiry D* via email about the free protection plan charge on my account. Received the following reply:

"Your service period is for 30 days and runs from 22nd to 21st every month. Because DIRECTV bills you for service at the start of your billing period, any changes you make mid month, such as adding or removing a service, will show as charges or credits from the day you made the change to the end of that 30 day period.

When you added PROTECTION PLAN last 02/14/08 it was for $0 cost for 30 days. On 03/14/08, PROTECTION PLAN was charged a partial amount $1.60 for having this service from 03/14 to 03/22. Basically on your next bill, you will see the full amount charge of PROTECTION PLAN at $5.99 a month.

When you signed up for the DIRECTV Protection Plan on 02/14/08, you agreed to keep the service for one year, until 02/14/09. If you cancel the DIRECTV Protection Plan now, a $6 cancellation fee will be applied to your account. You'll also be losing access to all plan services including discounted service calls and equipment replacement.

For complete terms and conditions of the DIRECTV Protection Plan, visit our web site at DIRECTV - PROTECTION PLAN. If you still would like to cancel this service, you can do so by logging in at Good TV. Better TV. DIRECTV. and clicking on "Current Setup" under the "My Programming and Equipment" tab at the top of the page. Just click the "Remove" button next to the DIRECTV Protection Plan" service.

I hope this information clarifies your recent bill. Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to Good TV. Better TV. DIRECTV. for the latest news and information about our services."

It showed up on my bill too, I just logged in and removed it, no cacellation penalty or anything. Worse case it cost me $1 or $2. Not worth the time to call/complain.

I think it is clear that it was an error on the website, what they should have done is sent an email to anyone that signed up that day and told them of the error, and removed it from the account and asked you to add it again if you wanted it.

Something like that :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)