D* puts HD on back burner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was wondering how that would work as I've got my OTA locals now and each of those has as many as four channels. It's strange. I didn't know if we would get Food Network on 231-1 or how it would work.

No matter what I think might happen, I really HOPE that D* gets a big package of HDs up.

I am sure it would require a major re-numbering of their entire programing.

I guess I should have got the AT-9 or slimline before the announcement. I imagine that they will be in shorter supply than the HR20.

Whoops.

That being said, all those others would be great....but what would the HD package cost? Still $10? Hmmmmmmmmm.....

OK, Ron, let's say your bos came to you and said, "Ron, I want you to work harder than you ever have. I expect 10 times the output that you've given me in the past, and at 100% accuracy and efficency. Oh, and by the way... I want you to do it for the exact same salary I'm paying you now." What would you do? I'd expect you'd laugh in his face and walk off singing (or humming, depending on your singing voice) "Take This Job and Shove It". Why would you then expect D* to provide at least 10 times the programming but pay them no more for it? All I can say to that is TINSTAAFL!

Unfortunately that is exactly what has happened with my job because they keep laying off others around me!!! Guess who picks up the slack, they don't tell that to you but someone still has to do the work. But that is all beside the point.

It's not that I don't expect them to go up, but here's where my problem lies. As more and more people transfer over to HD (and it becomes the norm) will the charge eventually go away?

Oh, and I'm not a kid with a text phone...I don't get the short hand!!

Well, this "shorthand" as you put it, is from the 1940s, IIRC (if I recall correctly, for the acronym challenged) and is not an IM thing. It stands for "There's no such thing as a free lunch." According to the Wikkipedia, it was popularized in the 1966 Robert Heinlein novel "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress". The Wikkipedia traces the orgin of TINSTAAFL and its vulgar cousin "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch", to economist Leonard P. Ayres of the Cleveland Trust Company in 1946. It was later popularized by another science fiction author, Spider Robinson, in his Callahan's Place series of books.

Well, this "shorthand" as you put it, is from the 1940s, IIRC (if I recall correctly, for the acronym challenged) and is not an IM thing. It stands for "There's no such thing as a free lunch." According to the Wikkipedia, it was popularized in the 1966 Robert Heinlein novel "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress". The Wikkipedia traces the orgin of TINSTAAFL and its vulgar cousin "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch", to economist Leonard P. Ayres of the Cleveland Trust Company in 1946. It was later popularized by another science fiction author, Spider Robinson, in his Callahan's Place series of books.

Interseting, I have never heard of that either !!!
how about tbdbitl !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)