D* puts HD on back burner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"our HD PQ is just fine, superior to other services" - D* Looks like the same old crap from Directv.

Yep. Not very promising! I do not trust them to deliver real HD, no matter how many SAT's they launch!

Ok.. It's after 3PM EST.. What's the big annoucement?

Let's hope it was better than their lame press conference.

Yep. Not very promising! I do not trust them to deliver real HD, no matter how many SAT's they launch!

Dm, Vurbano,
Tell me where you are finding a provider that will deliver HD to you at the FULL rez that you desire ?
We all want it, but NO providder is giving it to us that way.
Please let us all know who the special provider is thet will do this for you ....

Jimbo

"our HD PQ is just fine, superior to other services" - D* Looks like the same old crap from Directv.

So since it looks like there will be no change when are you going to someother service so you can harp on them? Please let it be soon!

And that release reiterates the most important piece so people don't get all in a bunch; Q3 2007 as stated/expected all along.. Just in time for NFL & network prime-time 2007

Like I said earlier, I will believe it when I see it. I am sure that with the additional channels will come an increase in the HD package fee. I mean, they have had us bent over for years with the HD now, so I suppose more screwing is in the future. Sorry, no cuddling allowed.

And that release reiterates the most important piece so people don't get all in a bunch; Q3 2007 as stated/expected all along.. Just in time for NFL & network prime-time 2007

Seeing network names is progress. I think that (Network Names) is what many have been waiting to see for quite some time. It is kind of against all past practices of D* to announce any program changes until they are about to, or have been added. They must be feeling the pressure of being behind, currently, in the HD race.

I am looking forward to the new HD programing, we are coming down the home stretch, already in the 1st quarter and much of the programing due in the 3rd quarter. Bring it on D*.

Seeing network names is progress. I think that (Network Names) is what many have been waiting to see for quite some time. It is kind of against all past practices of D* to announce any program changes until they are about to, or have been added. They must be feeling the pressure of being behind, currently, in the HD race. I am looking forward to the new HD programing, we are coming down the home stretch, already in the 1st quarter and much of the programing due in the 3rd quarter. Bring it on D*.

I TOTALLY agree with you 110%!

Sorry, meant to add this before.

Planned launch and carriage of 100 national high-definition (HD) channels, with the majority of these channels launching in Q3 2007.

Also announced today that it currently has signed agreements, or agreements in principle, with more than 70 major networks including:

-- A&E
-- National Geographic
-- Bravo
-- NFL Network
-- Cartoon Network
-- SciFi Channel
-- CNN
-- Speed
-- Food Network
-- TBS
-- FX
-- The History Channel
-- HGTV
-- The Weather Channel
-- MTV
-- USA Network

DIRECTV will also extend its leadership in HD sports programming by offering hundreds of games and other HD programming available from Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) around the country, including YES Network, Comcast Sports Net, New England Sports Network and FOX Sports.

Do not be surprise if some of those 100 include the addition of RSNs (IMHO) at least on the front end of Q3. The TBS one interests me some; they are a local that is also a superstation, so I assume they will operate a local ATL version and a national version? What HD do they offer other than live sports (some Braves now?)

Last edited:
Like I said earlier, I will believe it when I see it. I am sure that with the additional channels will come an increase in the HD package fee. I mean, they have had us bent over for years with the HD now, so I suppose more screwing is in the future. Sorry, no cuddling allowed.

Your free to move on the a provider that will offer you all these channels at the full rez, as I mentioned before, let us know what provider is giving you everything just the way you want it, we will be happy to look into thier service.

Jimbo

I TOTALLY agree with you 110%!

Sorry, meant to add this before.

Planned launch and carriage of 100 national high-definition (HD) channels, with the majority of these channels launching in Q3 2007.

Also announced today that it currently has signed agreements, or agreements in principle, with more than 70 major networks including:

-- A&E
-- National Geographic
-- Bravo
-- NFL Network
-- Cartoon Network
-- SciFi Channel
-- CNN
-- Speed
-- Food Network
-- TBS
-- FX
-- The History Channel
-- HGTV
-- The Weather Channel
-- MTV
-- USA Network

DIRECTV will also extend its leadership in HD sports programming by offering hundreds of games and other HD programming available from Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) around the country, including YES Network, Comcast Sports Net, New England Sports Network and FOX Sports.

Do not be surprise if some of those 100 include the addition of RSNs (IMHO) at least on the front end of Q3. The TBS one interests me some; they are a local that is also a superstation, so I assume they will operate a local ATL version and a national version? What HD do they offer other than live sports (some Braves now?)

This complies with what the local RSN told me reciently.
FSN- Detroit boss that I have been talking with told me about a month ago that if we cannot get D* to listen to my arguement, then to expect the FSN-D in HD in August of '07.

Jimbo

OK, what good does that do us? RSN's in HD....most assuredly they are only going to do their pro sports in HD and that means even if I have a sub that I get the big BLACKOUT when those teams come on, once again I would need Sunday Ticket or Extra Innings. Having the RSNs is great....for each individual that can see them.

That being said, all those others would be great....but what would the HD package cost? Still $10? Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Your free to move on the a provider that will offer you all these channels at the full rez, as I mentioned before, let us know what provider is giving you everything just the way you want it, we will be happy to look into thier service.

Jimbo

I am not complaining about the rez. My point is, I am sure they will raise the HD package rate. You do not think that the HD package price that we are paying now is somewhat high for the amount of channels we are receiving? I wish we had better rez but like you said who will give us better rez? The fight with the rez is one that consumers are not going to win in my opinion. I have had the HD package since day one and the price didn't bother me until competitors stepped up with more channels. Also, the untruths told to me from CSR's about new channels coming which never did does not help things. Directv doesn't owe me anything but sometimes I feel that they do.

Thanks for representing last night.:mad: When you look back at the season I guess it was only the Gators and us who gave you a game.:D :eek:

I am not complaining about the rez. My point is, I am sure they will raise the HD package rate. You do not think that the HD package price that we are paying now is somewhat high for the amount of channels we are receiving? I wish we had better rez but like you said who will give us better rez? The fight with the rez is one that consumers are not going to win in my opinion. I have had the HD package since day one and the price didn't bother me until competitors stepped up with more channels. Also, the untruths told to me from CSR's about new channels coming which never did does not help things. Directv doesn't owe me anything but sometimes I feel that they do.

Thanks for representing last night.:mad: When you look back at the season I guess it was only the Gators and us who gave you a game.:D :eek:

The Bucks hardly represented the Big Ten very well last night.
Very dissapointing, worse game in the Tressel regime.
But that also was the only one like it. I'll take our chances.

jimbo

Well, how much more would you be willing to pay? What is CNN and Food Network in HD worth? I just downsized my package to bare bones and there it will stay until my pay goes up or I see a real cost/benefit in the D* package.

Well, how much more would you be willing to pay? What is CNN and Food Network in HD worth? I just downsized my package to bare bones and there it will stay until my pay goes up or I see a real cost/benefit in the D* package.

I think they will do like DISH and offer a HD or SD package. Any Network is better viewed in HD than SD, that is if you have a HD TV.

If you ever watch any of the News Shows on HDNet you would see the advantage to CNN being in HD, that is if you like watching news shows. But like our local news, which is in HD, the studio part would probably be HD but many of the news stories themselves are in SD, upconverted to HD.

I was wondering how that would work as I've got my OTA locals now and each of those has as many as four channels. It's strange. I didn't know if we would get Food Network on 231-1 or how it would work.

No matter what I think might happen, I really HOPE that D* gets a big package of HDs up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.