D* puts HD on back burner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think we will know 20 more reasons why DirecTV will not be putting HD on the back burner as of about 3pm Eastern Time on Monday. ;)

Damned if they do and damned if they don't; can't please everyone 100% of the time; but I welcome the forward progress.

If its not the news/no news, its the time in between the additions.

If its not the time in between the additions, it them changing plans or not launching on the exact hour of an exact date.

If its not the exact date & time, its the quality.

If its not the quality, its the quantity.

If its not the quantity, its the prices.

If its not the prices, its the installers and methods used to do installs.

If its not the installers; its the aesthetics; size, shape, weight, colors.

GEEZ! They do a good job managing all the different things they have to given the type of business model DBS is, the items that are not 110% in their control, like contractors and launch facilities, all while trying to satisfy 15M+ subs and investors all with different needs, desires and priorities. You can't have or get everything all at once at the snap of a finger and perfect.

Hell at this rate, once they get everything at 95% or better you guys will be bitching the service doesn't get your beer, cook your food, put out, or wipe your butts for you.

Last edited:
Damned if they do and damned if they don't;

Hell at this rate, once they get everything at 95% or better you guys will be bitching the service doesn't get your beer, cook your food, put out, or wipe your butts for you.
:clap :bow :haha

So what is Scott hinting - VOOM coming to D* or other national HD channels, a combination of both or just more LIL HD? Do I really have to wait until Monday?

So what is Scott hinting - VOOM coming to D* or other national HD channels, a combination of both or just more LIL HD? Do I really have to wait until Monday?

Or you can pay to become a supporter of the site and get access to the pub;)

Damned if they do and damned if they don't; can't please everyone 100% of the time; but I welcome the forward progress.

If its not the time in between the additions, it them changing plans or not launching on the exact hour of an exact date.

GEEZ! They do a good job managing all the different things they have to given the type of business model DBS is, the items that are not 110% in their control, like contractors and launch facilities, all while trying to satisfy 15M+ subs and investors all with different needs, desires and priorities. You can't have or get everything all at once at the snap of a finger and perfect.

The issue is HD PQ vs channels. has been since 2003. No one is asking D* to wipe their butts for them. Only to control their greed and deliver what they advertise.

Last edited:

Charper - as ususal you are right - and as stated thousands of times. There are LITERALLY an infinite number of viewpoints, WHATEVER they do, whatever direction they take SOME will be VERY SATISFIED, SOME will be TOTALLY DISATISFIED, others somewhere in between. For making a simple statement like that, and also stating that you see REAL and CONSISTENT progress - guess what, you get branded a 'fanboy'. For realizing, and then ACCEPTING that the progression DOES take time, and IS dependent on MANY DIFFERENT organizations, you get called names.

Well, you know what, I would rather be accused of being realistic and understanding to the path, then spending my time hyperventilating and ranting about the negatives - after all its only the BOOB TUBE.

has there been any hints as to what channels or coming or what areas will be getting HD locals?

I think i am with most other DTV customers with the HD package: tired of paying what i do for only 5 or so HD channels.

For weeks, I have been told that New Orleans would be getting Locals in HD in Feb of 2007

Now, a friend of mine recieved an email today from a DirecTV rep saying we wouldnt be getting locals in HD until both sats are up

Another day, Another lie by DirecTV.

Still enjoy my service...just wish they wouldnt tell me one thing and do another.

For weeks, I have been told that New Orleans would be getting Locals in HD in Feb of 2007

Now, a friend of mine recieved an email today from a DirecTV rep saying we wouldnt be getting locals in HD until both sats are up

Another day, Another lie by DirecTV.

Still enjoy my service...just wish they wouldnt tell me one thing and do another.

around the 1st of Dec. alot of the locals were pushed back from the "End of the year" statement.

Very well may have been something to do with the sale of the company.
My locals were also suppose to be on in HD by now, but was told they would be pushed back to the END of '07, how's that make you feel ?

Jimbo

around the 1st of Dec. alot of the locals were pushed back from the "End of the year" statement.

I was told 2 days ago by a local-head rep of DirecTV down here in New Orleans that locals were "still planned for Late-Feb of '07"

Thus, apparently...not everyone was on the same page of "end of the year"

I am not complaining like I am going to quit...but in my short time with DirecTV....I am surprised by the amount of dis-communication with the company.

If I thought that D* was going to follow through I wouldn't be too bothered. I live in Tallahassee, and while I'm on here and I know that my market isn't even close to getting LiL HDs, EVERY time that I call D* I keep being told it's only going to be a couple of months. Well, they've been telling me that for over a year and a half now!!! Why should I believe that they will get the national channels out this year? I get more reliable information from the IRS!!!!

If Directv adds a lot of HD channels then I wonder how many customers this will cost Dish and what they will do to try to retain them? Charge them more B.S. fees? Or will Directv just add 30 of them to match what Dish Network is offering and give Dish more time to add more HD content to keep up? If Directv can get those other HD channels launched shortly after the satellites launch this year then this would hurt Dish and maybe Dish would have to quit charging so many B.S. fees to keep customers or lose them in droves.

No matter what the announcement turns out to be; I can't see them doing anything more than announcing the new ownership and their plans, but not really adding anything this quarter, not until the first 2007 sat goes up; unless they have some hidden ace up their sleeves. So Scott said the news would be around 3pm ET so that is not too far off from no.

c'mon guys...

hmmmm.... while we're all speculating at the future plans of D*, could someone shoot me this week's lotto numbers? I could use the cash! :p

Seriously, with the amount of HD tv's sold this year over the holidays, someone has to provide HD content, and most folks with those new "flat screens"(I hate that term... haven't these folks seen a 'flat' picture tube?) will run, not walk, to the provider with the most content.
If that provider also turns out to have a deal on broadband (ohhh or even phone service!), then the "provider" will become a one stop shop for not one, not even two, but three annual subscription contracts in that customer's home. They might even pick up a fourth contract with that customer for a wireless account.

Would D* be interested in BB? Probably so. Is it the basis of their entire business model...?

Unlike others, I won't guess. I'll wait for the news. :rolleyes:

"our HD PQ is just fine, superior to other services" - D* Looks like the same old crap from Directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)