D*'s Charges us now...then U wait 1 month for equip and Service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bshef

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
I ordered the D* to come take my old HD 250 Tivo and swap it for the $99 HR20 and new 5LNB dish.
They are charging my account the day of the phone call....
On top of this they want another 2 yr committment. Sigh!
Only thing they threw in on top of this was $10 off HBO for 6 months.

BUT I WON'T GET MY EQUIP TIL THE END OF THIS MONTH??

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm not really happy about his arrangement.
What would you guys "that are in the know" do to get this done?

Thanks

Just_Cuz_06.gif

Last edited:
Large businesses frequently operate like this. The goal is that they borrow your money interest free and then make money off of it though their deposit accounts. By the time you get your "free" upgrade, they have covered the costs. For fast reliable delivery, always use Value Electronics for dealing with DirecTV. Robert is the BEST and it is worth whatever nominal cost you may incur.

1. Help find more quality employees for your local install companies.

2. Bankroll or start a new quality install company.

Sounds like your area is backed up with work.

charper1 said:
1. Help find more quality employees for your local install companies.

2. Bankroll or start a new quality install company.

Sounds like your area is backed up with work.
SO CALIF.
Go figure!
So....I should call, cancel and then call Value electronics?
What's Roberts HR20 deal?

VE's deal is $299, but you get it QUICK and you could eBay the HR10-250 for $200+ ... leaving you holding the bag on $99 or less. It depends on if you feel that is worth it or if you want to wait.

Last edited:
does that include the new dish?
so then who installs the thing and gets me up and running?..
I'm in a 2 story and don't want any part of the install!

I believe the deal with Robert does ... you would need to check with him. I did mine funny, I got the H20 first from DirecTV for free ... then added the HR20-700 later.

I just called and cancelled this swap.
Not happy with the "charge me now" deal.
Plus hearing lots of "bugs" with the unit.

tech007 said:
Do you still get to keep your HBO for free?
I'll have to check my online account!
Hopefully they over-looked that!

bshef said:
I'll have to check my online account!
Hopefully they over-looked that!
Probably ... credit and promos are in a differnet system.

If you change your mind ... Value Electronics will have them in stock tomorrow. If you PM Robert he will respond. His screen name is DTV TIVO DEALER

I got a similar frustration today. $99 plus $19 for a total charge of $128 and change. Then the install cannot occur until October 27 - that's two weeks and seems absolutely unnecessary for a 5 minute appointment, including the paper work. I have heard of people getting appointments the next day, but what do I need to say (and to what department) to get that to happen? Literally, all they have to do is walk in, take the old unit I will disconnect and install the new one.

Thanks for sharing some wisdom.

Digi

digideal said:
I got a similar frustration today. $99 plus $19 for a total charge of $128 and change. Then the install cannot occur until October 27 - that's two weeks and seems absolutely unnecessary for a 5 minute appointment, including the paper work. I have heard of people getting appointments the next day, but what do I need to say (and to what department) to get that to happen? Literally, all they have to do is walk in, take the old unit I will disconnect and install the new one.

Thanks for sharing some wisdom.

Digi
chances are they wont even take the old unit

I use to be with E* and they do the same thing. I purchased the 622 reciever the day it came out. I was charged on that day. Then had to wait weeks and when my install time came, I was called and informed the unit was on back order and they did not have a date when it would be ready. So they had my money and after weeks of waiting, I didn't even know when I would see it. Hmmm, that seems like about the time I switched to D*.. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)