D*'s HD DVR - 2 tv's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

varaonaid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 14, 2005
Hi,

I'm comparing which of the two major satellite companies I want to go with and I'm confused as to whether or not D*'s HD DVR (whichever the current model is) supports one or two tv's? If two, is it one in HD, one in SD? What are the fees if I add a second receiver to my account? I just don't want any surprise fees...

Thanks so much in advance! :)

Hi,

I'm comparing which of the two major satellite companies I want to go with and I'm confused as to whether or not D*'s HD DVR (whichever the current model is) supports one or two tv's? If two, is it one in HD, one in SD? What are the fees if I add a second receiver to my account? I just don't want any surprise fees...

Thanks so much in advance! :)

DirecTV's HD DVR HR20/21 supports only one HDTV.The second receiver(or DVR) mirror
fee is $4.99.With DirecTV you only pay one DVR fee $5.99 per household no matter how many DVRs you have.:):welcome
Plus with DirecTV it's one month service to start and $3. for locals.;)
If you need a second DVR for a SD TV you would need DirecTV's R15/16 or if you might want a DirecTivo SD DVR you would have to buy one from weaknees or EBay.
Because even though DirecTV still supports the DirecTivo SD they do not supply them any more.;)

Last edited:
OK, so if I want to add a second TV, I definitely need a second receiver, even if it's SD.

The one month to start thing is nice, I'll have to remember that. However, I didn't realize that there was a charge for locals, thought they were included in the packages. Good to know!

Thanks for the info and the welcome! :D

OK, so if I want to add a second TV, I definitely need a second receiver, even if it's SD.

The one month to start thing is nice, I'll have to remember that. However, I didn't realize that there was a charge for locals, thought they were included in the packages. Good to know!

Thanks for the info and the welcome! :D

They are but if you would price them it's $3. compared to $5. with Dish.;)
Just showing you the difference.;)
You also need to compare packages cause they both do not carry the same programming.;)

Last edited:
While D* doesn't support two TV's on different channels from the same receiver, all outputs on their receivers are active at all times. This means you could run up to 3 HD TV's in HD from one receiver, but they would all be on the same channel.

I live alone and run 4 HD sets and 1 SD set with one HR20-700. I run HDMI to my over head projector and component to an HD distribution amp that feeds my HD set in my office , my 50inch plasma in my tv room and to my HD in the kitchen and use the sd out to my bedroom tv. I did not want to pay any second receiver fees . I can only watch one tv at a time so the same thing on each set is fine with me.

Last edited:
I live alone and run 3 HD sets and 1 SD set with one HR20-700. I run HDMI to my over head projector and component to an HD distribution amp that feeds my HD set in my office and to my 50inch plasma in my tv room. and use the sd out to my bedroom tv. I did not want to pay any second receiver fees . I can only watch one tv at a time so the same thing on each set is fine with me.

That's a great setup...and I'm thinking the same way on second receiver fees. I can deal with the same channel setup for now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)