D TV Problems Again !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdmyers23

Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']D TV problems again, I have an HR21 and a Hughes TiVo set up, D TV replaced the Dish and ran 4 lines directly to each receiver. I want to add one more receiver and maybe another down the road. So what can I do to avoid another D TV visit?[/font]
[/font]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I have 4 separate lines off the dish; each line goes to one tuner, two tuners per DVR.[/font]

Last edited:
I don't understand why 4 lines to each receiver? You only need 2 with dvr unless you want OTA ran seperately. Did they install a multiswitch? If so, the 4 lines from outside (from the dish) should go into that. Then from there, run 2 lines to each DVR.

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']D TV problems again, I have an HR21 and a Hughes TiVo set up, D TV replaced the Dish and ran 4 lines directly to each receiver. I want to add one more receiver and maybe another down the road. So what can I do to avoid another D TV visit?[/font]
[/font]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I have 4 separate lines off the dish; each line goes to one tuner, two tuners per DVR.[/font]

HR-21 says you have a slimline dish this has a built in multiswitch with 4 outputs. With 2 dual tuner receivers you are using all 4 outputs to add additional receivers you need a WB68 for 8 lines or a WB616 for 16 lines. Upgrading through D* is probably the cheapest but if you don't want the service call you can buy switches cable and receivers and do it yourself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)