Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
Back when D10 was being brought to life, I remember reading here that they were having some problems with some spot beams for HD LIL's. Were those issues ever resolved? I was just wondering because it looks like more cities are getting PBS and CW added to the mix. Also curious about the overall functionality of D10, if it is doing all the things originally envisioned for it?

I'm really impressed with all the things D has been able to add with this one new Sat. Is D11 an equally powerful satellite? What should we be expecting from it?

Back when D10 was being brought to life, I remember reading here that they were having some problems with some spot beams for HD LIL's. Were those issues ever resolved? I was just wondering because it looks like more cities are getting PBS and CW added to the mix. Also curious about the overall functionality of D10, if it is doing all the things originally envisioned for it?

I'm really impressed with all the things D has been able to add with this one new Sat. Is D11 an equally powerful satellite? What should we be expecting from it?

I don't think anyone has had PBS added, but some have gotten CW and MY9 channels. D11 is a clone of D10, IIRC.

I don't think anyone has had PBS added, but some have gotten CW and MY9 channels. D11 is a clone of D10, IIRC.

If D11 is a clone of D10 we have a lot to look forward to in 2008. Especially as the HD programing matures on the new channels. :hungry:

I didn't see the info about PBS until after I made my post above. Sorry for any confusion, beyond my own!

Has there been any news on the possible date of the D11 launch? Just waiting on my locals in HD (Knoxville, TN) before dumping Comcast.

Boeing built 3 satellites for DirecTV all have the same features.D10,D11,D12.:D

Apparently only some of the spot beams on D10 have problems, while others are functional. I recall seeing a post about problems with a spot beam for the northwest, so I don't expect to see any additional Seattle channels soon.

Great. I think D11 is sometime around March. Any info on when D12 launches?

Right now D12 is DirecTV's spare in case anything went wrong with D10 or D11.If everything goes well with D11 and DirecTV needs more HD bandwith,I'm sure D12 will get the call.;)

If I would guess which HD satellites would be received with DirecTV 5 LNB HD Dish.I would guess SW1&2,D10&11 and D12.All with MPEG4.;)

Last edited:
Apparently only some of the spot beams on D10 have problems, while others are functional. I recall seeing a post about problems with a spot beam for the northwest, so I don't expect to see any additional Seattle channels soon.

I can live with that. Picking up KCPQ when I moved from Dish was the main thing for me. Never had a signal problem with KSTW, although it would be nice to get KCTS. Off subject, but also impressed by the PQ. Enough so that I have gone to viewing KOMO, KIRO and KING off the Sat to avoid the occasional breakup we get with our fine weather (plus trees and hills) here.

I haven't seen any signal breakup off the Sats since changing either. Way back when I was making up my mind I started a thread asking if DTV had any problems in the PNW like Dish has with the 129 sat and you responded that you had no issues. That factored into my decision and I just wanted to say thanks!! :)

Right now D12 is DirecTV's spare in case anything went wrong with D10 or D11.If everything goes well with D11 and DirecTV needs more HD bandwith,I'm sure D12 will get the call.;)

If I would guess which HD satellites would be received with DirecTV 5 LNB HD Dish.I would guess SW1&2,D10&11 and D12.All with MPEG4.;)

With all the things involved in getting them up there and keeping them working properly, it's good to know there is a spare. :up

So D11 could launch in March? That is good to know. I couldn't any info anywhere. Thanks

Take note that adding satellites such as D12 will not add more bandwidth. They have to have the licensed bandwidth first, the satellite to transmit it and of course your dish point at it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)