d10 features (lack of)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thegrammarhammer

Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
My hughes receiver from 2000 had a mini guide. I "upgrade" to a d10 to get locals from 72.5 and no mini guide. I call directv and they tell me its obsolete. Then the r15 comes out and it has one. I know it wouldnt defy the laws of the universe for directv to program one into the d10's. Does anyone know if they will?

No.
To be able to give the receivers away for nothing or at low entry prices,
enjoyable features have to be eliminated.
I agree, it sucks.
You also have a new owner that has different beliefs, plus they sold the Hughes line to Thomson, who have offered no Hughes support, or shown any
existance of Hughes.

I believe the mini guide function should be in the D11 recievers. That's really the only thing the D11 has over the D10.

Instead of going into the full blown guide, you can go into the mini giude, it keeps the picture full screen while overlaying a (usually) transparent smaller version of the guide.

Yeah, it's something my 1997 Hughes boxes, and 2001 DST3000 has, but the "new" D10s DirecTV had to send me because they sent a signal to my Hughes boxes that made them USELESS (they determined this and sent me free D10s without a commitment) does not have.

Ah my Dish Network receivers had a "mini-guide" then. My wife calls it the "browse" feature because it lets you browse other channels in a small translucent banner under the live TV screen. Needless to say, she misses it terribly in the Directv receiver.

I have R10 (Tivo), D10 and D11 and I will verify today if any of them has this feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)