Got Splitter Questions, Again (LOL). Your Help Would be REALLY! Appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tele-TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Soooo..... this is what I want to do [just came back from Radio Shack {RS}]. They didn't have what I needed (5? way splitter).

I have 2 lines running off my D* dish both going into my Sony D* DVR. What I want to do is take the SIGNAL from the exisitng 2 lines and split the signal (both of them) to my HD Tivo. So I don't have run anymore lines from my dish right now $ [drill more holes in my wall].

The guy at RS told me I need a 5? way splitter, is this correct?

I'm DYING! to know. :) Thanks.

nope...need a multiswitch to do that...Splitters wont work

I assume you have the original dish (not a Phase III)

Hi Iceberg. :) I have the 18x24/eliptical/oval/3 LNB dish. I don't know how I left out so pertinent info (sorry and thanks).

1. What would I need to do from here?
2. I have a feeling it will be cheaper to get one from RS (if they have them), instead of my Sat [local] installer guy. Is there a good, RELIABLE brand I should ask for (not just at RS, but other places.

Thanks.

you can't split the lines once it comes in the house. You would have to run 2 more lines

What a multiswitch does is allows you to run 4,8,16 receivers off one dish. The Phase III has 4 outputs. This multiswitch gets hooked on all 4 of those and allows you to hook up more receivers.

You will need 2 more lines from the dish to the new DVR (Tivo)

Here is what you need for a multiswitch (if you went that route)

SP48DTV_zoom.gif

Thanks. That's not what I wanted to hear. :( Will have to wait. Figure something out/go to plan B.

Matthew

Status
Please reply by conversation.