Got Splitter Questions, Again (LOL). Your Help Would be REALLY! Appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tele-TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 30, 2004
Soooo..... this is what I want to do [just came back from Radio Shack {RS}]. They didn't have what I needed (5? way splitter).

I have 2 lines running off my D* dish both going into my Sony D* DVR. What I want to do is take the SIGNAL from the exisitng 2 lines and split the signal (both of them) to my HD Tivo. So I don't have run anymore lines from my dish right now $ [drill more holes in my wall].

The guy at RS told me I need a 5? way splitter, is this correct?

I'm DYING! to know. :) Thanks.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
nope...need a multiswitch to do that...Splitters wont work

I assume you have the original dish (not a Phase III)

Tele-TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 30, 2004
Hi Iceberg. :) I have the 18x24/eliptical/oval/3 LNB dish. I don't know how I left out so pertinent info (sorry and thanks).

1. What would I need to do from here?
2. I have a feeling it will be cheaper to get one from RS (if they have them), instead of my Sat [local] installer guy. Is there a good, RELIABLE brand I should ask for (not just at RS, but other places.

Thanks.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
you can't split the lines once it comes in the house. You would have to run 2 more lines

What a multiswitch does is allows you to run 4,8,16 receivers off one dish. The Phase III has 4 outputs. This multiswitch gets hooked on all 4 of those and allows you to hook up more receivers.

You will need 2 more lines from the dish to the new DVR (Tivo)

Here is what you need for a multiswitch (if you went that route)

SP48DTV_zoom.gif

Tele-TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 30, 2004
Thanks. That's not what I wanted to hear. :( Will have to wait. Figure something out/go to plan B.

Matthew

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts