D10 Testing Ahead of Schedule

Status
Please reply by conversation.
of course, the fcc letter piqued my curiosity, that's why i emailed mercer. i would just hate for people to possibly jump to conclusions, only to be disappointed. but i agree with brwer, if those channels lite up before the middle of september, we will all be pleasently surprised.

and, if they don't, we won't be disappointed.

You are talking 11 days people, curb your enthusiasm! :rolleyes:

Ok. And you were a kid that sat there patiently waiting for Christmas? ;) Hey a lot of us have been around with Directv for years and have put up with the announcements, promises, watered down HD, etc so this moment in HUGE. Massive, important and extremely exciting. Not everyone shares that same passion and thats ok but I find this all fun and cant wait to see dozens of HD channels. If even by a day or 2 before I expect, well thats just flat out darn super exciting. :D

Haha, you are too funny, my friend! I have been around with D* for a long time. I have 2 HD TVs and I can't watch anything unless it is HD, but whether it is Sept 4th or the 15th and the man inside doesn't want to say is just pure and utter nonsense. Just go to your friend with DISH and watch all their beautiful HD for 11 days. Peace.

truthfully, last week at the second quarter webcast they said by the end of the third quarter. i believe that calendar date is sept. 30.

Don't they still have to do testing first? I thought this meant it finally gets in place on the 1st and then they start their testing.

Don't they still have to do testing first? I thought this meant it finally gets in place on the 1st and then they start their testing.

good point, i don't know because i'm not sure of what the normal schdule is for this.

Testing is normally done at a location away from the target. Sounds like they're ready to start testing now.

Spaceway2 was used commercially the day after Boeing turned it over to DIRECTV.

I expect to see programming on or before the 15th.

Even if the bird is ready early, they have to have a valid carriage agreement to provide programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)