D1000.2 Technical Questions

AzJazz

Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Southwest
I have a stock D1000.2 DishPro Plus antenna with the triple LNBF and no external switches.

From my LNBF block, I see 3 outputs + 1 LNB input. I understand that I can get all 3 satellites on any of the three outputs, and there is also some sort of magical separator that Dish connects to my 722vip that actually gives it 2 separate feeds.

Here are my questions:

1) How the *freak* does this thing even work? It seems like a technical miracle to me. Is there a diagram that I can look at that explains the operation graphically?
2) Are there any switches located in the antenna/LNBF somewhere? I don't see any, but it seems like there must be.
3) How do the DiSEqC commands get interpreted? For example, if I have my cable coming to Connection #1 on the LNBF block, should all the DiSEqC commands for 110W / 119W / 129W be going to DiSEqC Port 1, or should each satellite go to a different DiSEqCport?
4) What version of DiSEqC does the D1000.2 support?

Thanks!

AzJazz

1) The DP Plus Separator was specially-designed to separate the single cable’s 950-1450 MHz band and the 1650-2150 MHz band, for the “single-cable to dual-tuner” technology

2) DPP LNB's have an integrated switch that combines the 3 orbitals into one cable. The LNB's internal switch is disabled when an external switch is connected.

4) I believe all of our equipment (LNB's, switches, receivers) uses DiSEqC 2.0, but I may be wrong

If you use a Birdog meter, I used to, you can use the DiSEq A prompt for 119, DiSEq B for 110 and DiSEq C for 129. Other than that I don't know a whole lot about DiSEq commands other than communication with the DPP SW44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)