D11-100 caller ID trouble and forced update unsuccessful

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jason B

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Just started noticing the Caller ID on my D11-100 wasnt working (I have a D10-200 hooked up to the same phone jack that works fine) so I tried forcing an update with the 02468 sequence. After several minutes of the status bar staying on 0%, I finally got an error screen saying to press the red button and try again.

Anyway, the forced update didnt work and my software version is still at 0x1005 on the D11-100. Is this the latest version of software for the D11?? and has anyone else had Caller ID trouble on this model??

Thanks

Try unplugging everything on your phone lines, extensions, other STBs, dialup/dsl modems, etc, so that you only have the D11-100 on the line, then try the update procedure again, see if it works or not, let us know.

the problem is a known issue for some batches of the d11 -- call d* and you can get the rcvr replaced

loki23 said:
the problem is a known issue for some batches of the d11 -- call d* and you can get the rcvr replaced

I called D* and the CSR said the engineers are aware of the caller ID problem and are working on a software update, so they are not replacing any receivers..

OH well...

You have the latest version of the software for your D-11. As DirecTV said, an update should be coming soon (hopefully).

Oh, and BTW, I've heard from my sources that trying to force an update when the receiver has no problems and D* is not sending a new upgrade is not a good thing to do. It wastes your time and does nothing to the box.

Jhon69 said:
Jason,I have a D11-500,it has software version,0x1004.Caller ID,has'nt failed yet.

My D11-100 has software version 0x1005, so it must be a problem with that version..

Thanks

I thought that the D10 and D11 would be utilizing the exact same software. The latest version for the D10 is 0x0004 so why would there be a 0x0005 for the D11?:confused:

Depends on which D10 (and probably which D11 too), as I have a D10-100 and the latest version for it is 0x1027. It may have the same interface, but they have different builds for the various manufacturers.

one thing that might be going on is that the polarity on the jack is reversed. you can get a $5 tester that will show if it is. green is good to go. red is reversed nothing is bad news. if it is reversed you will still have dial tone on the line. it is a easy fix reverse the red and green wires. the other problem is that alot of the d-11's i have installed the include phone wire is crossed over which is causing the reversed polarity even if the jack is correct. and also be aware that if the phone system isn't properly grounded that sometimes causes a problem. If you have dsl make sure you have filters on the line too. one thing that you may also want to try is to run a system test. this will tell you if there is something wrong with you phone connection

Last edited:
runvs said:
one thing that might be going on is that the polarity on the jack is reversed. you can get a $5 tester that will show if it is. green is good to go. red is reversed nothing is bad news. if it is reversed you will still have dial tone on the line. it is a easy fix reverse the red and green wires. the other problem is that alot of the d-11's i have installed the include phone wire is crossed over which is causing the reversed polarity even if the jack is correct. and also be aware that if the phone system isn't properly grounded that sometimes causes a problem. If you have dsl make sure you have filters on the line too. one thing that you may also want to try is to run a system test. this will tell you if there is something wrong with you phone connection

I ran a system test and everything checked OK. It seems to work sporadically, so if it was a red and green reverse issue, then it shouldnt work at all?? Is that right.

It has been working for the past few days, but I checked the call log and it stopped counting at nine calls ( it should have been well over 25 calls) It was showing the notices on screen but not putting them in the call log.. (weird)... I have a D10-200 hooked to the same phone jack that works fine which leads me to beleive that its a D11 issue..

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts