D11 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kentuck1163

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I have a D11 that does not pass the system test. It fails on the telephone line test. Its connected to a line the DirecTV technician added, and I might add Caller-ID works just fine on it.

Also, another question. What is the current latest firmware release for the D11?

Last edited:
Do you have voicemail. I remember that the Hughes receivers would get confused by the voice-mail notification beeps and determine that no dial tone was present before the dialtone had a chance to stabilize.

Mine has 0x1004,and works great.If your receiver fails the telephone line test,you
might call the installer,and ask him,what he thinks,it should'nt fail the test.
Another question,can you receive PPV,with the remote?,if so,the only problem,is that it fails the test.

AntAltMike said:
Do you have voicemail. I remember that the Hughes receivers would get confused by the voice-mail notification beeps and determine that no dial tone was present before the dialtone had a chance to stabilize.

No voicemail -- I have it turned off and use an answering machine instead. I'm not sure about PPV. I've not yet tried to use PPV and, if I did, I would use it on my H20 in the living room - not the D11 in the bedroom.

My firmware is at 0x1004, btw.

I guess failing the phone test is no big deal - particularly since caller ID works just fine - but it irks me nonetheless.

If your leasing,request a new one,no big deal.My Caller ID,not only works good,
this is the first receiver I've had,that displays,Call Waiting ID.Of course,I subscribe
to Call Waiting ID,but my DP301,never displayed it.So another bonus,for me,
switching from E*,to D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.