d12-500 and Winegard 3LNB Traveler

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wmitchell12

Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Tacoma, WA
When I hook my d12-500 up to the antenna(Winegard Traveler 3 LNB) in my RV the receiver says Searching for Satelite Signal and won't allow me to go to the menu to reset the antenna from SWM configuartion at home to the non SWM 3LNB. The satelite-in on the receiver is marked SWM. Winegard says not their problem it should work. Any ideas

Just in case you haven't done this, did you allow it to sit on sfss and time out? When it times out it will pop the error code for sfss sometimes and then let you troubleshoot. From there you could get into the menu.

I would try it several times, it should be able to be changed, you cannot highlight the SWM setting and change it...

I had that happen with one of my older recvrs and ended up replacing the recvr.

There was reports awhile back that some recvrs weren't playing nice with the SWM equipment.

Highlight the multiswitch setting first and select "multiswitch". Then you should be able to change the dish type.

Highlight the multiswitch setting first and select "multiswitch". Then you should be able to change the dish type.

Are you talking about doing this once the SWM is disconnected, or can you do it while it's still connected ?
I know the SWM automatically finds the correct settings when the SWM is being set up.

Just wondering, because when I go into the menu, I can change the Tuners section (Single /Dual) but nothing else is available to access.

With the SWM disconnected, I would imagine this would be no problem.

Unless you have a screwed up recvr like I had when I did my FIRST one. :)

Just in case you haven't done this, did you allow it to sit on sfss and time out? When it times out it will pop the error code for sfss sometimes and then let you troubleshoot. From there you could get into the menu.

this will work or press the red reset button.
if the dish is aligned right youy will get a picture no matter the setting the ird should set itself.

this will work or press the red reset button.
if the dish is aligned right youy will get a picture no matter the setting the ird should set itself.

You MUST tell the recvr what dish you have set up, unless it's a SWM set up, IF you are set up on the wrong one, you may or may not get a picture, depending on which setting it's on.

In theory, you should get the channel 100 regardless, as long as your pointed on the 101.

I think the 101 is on ALL setting options.

you can't do this while the SWM is still connected, it will autodetect the SWM.

if you plug in any dtv ird that is activated it will search for sat and eventually you will be able to hit menu and set up dish .

if the dish is pointed you will get a picture.
if the dish is not pointed right you will still be able to go to set up screen.

if you connect it to a SWM lnb the ird will get a picture if you reset or unplug and power up
when i do upgrades to SWM all irds come on after i hit reset no matter the settings. then i go to the set up screen and it will choose SWM.

also a 3 lnb dish is for sats 101 and 110 and 119 if you dont have a need for spanish programming(ch 401 to 460?)
or Chinese(ch 550 to 555) then you only need an 18 sat dish which gets sat 101 only.

When I hook my d12-500 up to the antenna(Winegard Traveler 3 LNB) in my RV the receiver says Searching for Satelite Signal and won't allow me to go to the menu to reset the antenna from SWM configuartion at home to the non SWM 3LNB. The satelite-in on the receiver is marked SWM. Winegard says not their problem it should work. Any ideas

a d12 is a SWM compatible ird thats why it says SWM
a d11 or rca is not SWM compatible and will not work on a swm system(unless you get a SWM 16) no need for that

when you plug ird in if its not seeing any lnb then either theres a coax problem or ird or lnb is bad

if it DID see lnb and the dish is not pointed right you SHOULD get sfss 771
if you ird does not say that then there is an issue with lnb or coax.
or ird

take a volt meter and check the sat input while ird is plugged in with NO SAT CONNECTED
the volts should go from 13 18 13 18
its searching for the lnb thats how the ird chooses transponders when you change channels no voltage ? then the ird is not working right.getting 13 and 18 volts? then its either the lnb or the connections.
ive done service calls on rv's and its usually connections.
no volt meter? use your tounge you will get a zap like licking a 9 volt battery :)
or
if you want take the lnb and off and get a coax and connect it to the ird you should get searching for sat if the lnb and ird is good

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts