D12-500 is dead

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stlpaul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
My D12-500 has a blue light on the front but that's all it does. It is leased. I've read about how these things die all the time because of faulty power supplies, and there was a software update going on this week as well. Probably a coincidence, but since the blue light still comes on I can't know for sure that it's a hardware issue and not something else. At least it has electricity flowing through it.

What are my options? I have read all kinds of old and conflicting information about replacement of leased boxes, protection plans, contract extensions etc. And, of course, I can't find anywhere on DirecTV's website to delete a receiver -- only to add one. (I don't want to pay the extra $5 for a TV I can't watch. They can have their box back.)

If someone knows about how all that works, I'd appreciate if you would share the info. Thanks. :)

try it on another tv first
not that this will help but atleast you did it before you called them
call and ask about your questions, chances are they will just mail you a box instead of rolling a truck

How do you have it attached to the TV? Are you sure the TV's on the right channel/input? I hate asking this, but you'd be surprised at how many service calls are resolved this way.

Yeah, I checked the connections, everything's still hooked up the same. It does not respond to the buttons on the face of the box or the remote control. The blue light turns on when you plug it in and that's all that happens...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)