Daily Calls

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdcguard

Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
Northern CA
A while back I decided to take the plunge to not having a "landline" telephone any more. I have Vonage, which I'm happy enough with and have finally been able to secure cell phone service that actually works at my house. I had the phone company disconnect me and life was good. One small detail I forgot about: my Dircect TV/ TiVo. After about a month I started getting those annoying "make a daily call soon" messages. Now, as near as I can tell, I'm not loosing any functionality that I care about. I'm just curious if there is another way to make the thing call out that I don't know about. I tried running a phone line to my vonage box but that doesn't work. I'm guessing that Vonage is recognizing it as a modem talking and not voice. Am I just going to have to live with the messages or is there an option I'm not aware of?

Receiver is a Phillips (I can't find a model number)

damaged said:
Try this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=43761&highlight=vonage+call+data

Furthermore, you may have to call Vonage and tell them to set your line up to be able to do data calls.
Thanks, but I can't get the prefix change etc to work at this time. I'm not sure whether the service is down or busy or if it's something wrong on my end still. I get past the "dialing" part of the test but I get a "service not answering" message on the "connecting" part of the test. Is this likely on their end or do I still have an issue?

On the thread you linked me to it made mention of a Vonage access thread on the TiVo community forums. I couldn't find that. Do you possibly have a link?

Thanks again.

damaged said:
LOL...I must be blind because I don't see a search box over there. I just got a call to go through though. I used the prefix : *99,12122773895 (without the pauses after). I also switched over from the 800 number that I had it set to dial to a number in the same area as my Vonage number (local numbers aren't available from Vonage here nor is there a local TiVo access number which is why I used the 800 number with my old landline)

Hopefully, it will keep working/

Thanks much for the quick replies!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts