Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
NASCAR Superstar Dale Earnhardt Jr. Joins XM Satellite Radio
to Launch XM Show in February 2006

WASHINGTON, Jan. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NASCAR superstar Dale Earnhardt Jr. will join XM Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR) for a weekly show to be broadcast exclusively to XM's six-million-plus subscribers from coast to coast. Dale Jr.'s show will debut during the week of February 13 on XM's NASCAR Radio (XM Channel 144) during Daytona Speedweeks. XM is the nation's leading provider of satellite radio and the official satellite radio network of NASCAR.

Dale Jr. will discuss the latest happenings on the NASCAR circuit, as well as music, video games and other personal interests on the wide-ranging show. Dale Jr. will also play a key role in various XM promotions as part of a multi-year agreement with XM.

"I love racing and I love XM, so I definitely couldn't pass up on an opportunity to combine the two. It's a perfect fit," said Dale Jr. "Listeners to my new show on XM will get a real sense of who I am both on and off the track. Thanks to XM, I'll have a national weekly radio show that allows me to speak my mind, play my music and, most important, keep in touch with NASCAR fans. I'll be able to share with NASCAR fans things they won't be able to hear anywhere else. I can't wait to get started on the show and the upcoming NASCAR season."

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is widely considered to be one of the most celebrated personalities in racing. He has been voted by NASCAR fans as the most popular NASCAR Nextel Cup drivers for the past three years in a row. In 2005 Dale Jr. merchandise led sales of NASCAR driver licensed merchandise and accounts for roughly 25 percent of all driver licensed products.

"Dale Earnhardt Jr. is without a doubt one of the most exciting and successful figures in auto racing today. The chance to offer NASCAR fans an exclusive, weekly show hosted by Dale Jr., one of the sport's most popular drivers, is a thrill for XM. We are definitely excited and we are proud to welcome Dale to the XM family for this new show," said Eric Logan, executive vice president of programming for XM Satellite Radio. "XM listeners across the country will be able to tune in and hear Dale Jr. throughout the NASCAR season."

About XM Satellite Radio
XM is America's number one satellite radio service with more than six million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City, Nashville, Toronto, and Montreal, XM offers 160 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: the most commercial-free music, premier sports, talk, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and the most advanced traffic and weather information.
XM, the leader in satellite-delivered entertainment and data services for the automobile market through partnerships with General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan, Porsche, and Volkswagen/Audi, is available in more than 130 different vehicle models for 2006. XM's industry-leading products are available at consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information about XM hardware, programming and partnerships, please visit http://www.xmradio.com.

Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements in this press release include demand for XM Satellite Radio's service, the Company's dependence on technology and third party vendors, its potential need for additional financing, as well as other risks described in XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.'s Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on 11-7-05. Copies of the filing are available upon request from XM Radio's Investor Relations Department.

SOURCE XM Satellite Radio

Scott Greczkowski said:
NASCAR Superstar Dale Earnhardt Jr. Joins XM Satellite Radio
to Launch XM Show in February 2006

WASHINGTON, Jan. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NASCAR superstar Dale Earnhardt Jr. will join XM Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR) for a weekly show to be broadcast exclusively to XM's six-million-plus subscribers from coast to coast. Dale Jr.'s show will debut during the week of February 13 on XM's NASCAR Radio (XM Channel 144) during Daytona Speedweeks. XM is the nation's leading provider of satellite radio and the official satellite radio network of NASCAR.

Dale Jr. will discuss the latest happenings on the NASCAR circuit, as well as music, video games and other personal interests on the wide-ranging show. Dale Jr. will also play a key role in various XM promotions as part of a multi-year agreement with XM.

"I love racing and I love XM, so I definitely couldn't pass up on an opportunity to combine the two. It's a perfect fit," said Dale Jr. "Listeners to my new show on XM will get a real sense of who I am both on and off the track. Thanks to XM, I'll have a national weekly radio show that allows me to speak my mind, play my music and, most important, keep in touch with NASCAR fans. I'll be able to share with NASCAR fans things they won't be able to hear anywhere else. I can't wait to get started on the show and the upcoming NASCAR season."

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is widely considered to be one of the most celebrated personalities in racing. He has been voted by NASCAR fans as the most popular NASCAR Nextel Cup drivers for the past three years in a row. In 2005 Dale Jr. merchandise led sales of NASCAR driver licensed merchandise and accounts for roughly 25 percent of all driver licensed products.

"Dale Earnhardt Jr. is without a doubt one of the most exciting and successful figures in auto racing today. The chance to offer NASCAR fans an exclusive, weekly show hosted by Dale Jr., one of the sport's most popular drivers, is a thrill for XM. We are definitely excited and we are proud to welcome Dale to the XM family for this new show," said Eric Logan, executive vice president of programming for XM Satellite Radio. "XM listeners across the country will be able to tune in and hear Dale Jr. throughout the NASCAR season."

About XM Satellite Radio
XM is America's number one satellite radio service with more than six million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City, Nashville, Toronto, and Montreal, XM offers 160 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: the most commercial-free music, premier sports, talk, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and the most advanced traffic and weather information.
XM, the leader in satellite-delivered entertainment and data services for the automobile market through partnerships with General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan, Porsche, and Volkswagen/Audi, is available in more than 130 different vehicle models for 2006. XM's industry-leading products are available at consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information about XM hardware, programming and partnerships, please visit http://www.xmradio.com.

Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements in this press release include demand for XM Satellite Radio's service, the Company's dependence on technology and third party vendors, its potential need for additional financing, as well as other risks described in XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.'s Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on 11-7-05. Copies of the filing are available upon request from XM Radio's Investor Relations Department.

SOURCE XM Satellite Radio

Smart move!

They drop the NASCAR races next year (or is it '07) since Sirius offered so much for them and due to the fact nobody listened to it. Its on at the races for free and every city has it on AM, why Sirius did another bone-head move is beyond me; paying for something you can get free anywhere and they paid big for it.

So now they keep the speed channel, very cool channel and have one of, if not the, most popular driver that is in the sport.

not bad at all; The guy is also a great communicator, only one better is possibly Jeff Gordon who is a bit more polished and a lot less country, but no where near as popular.

I was ZZZzzz'ing on the hater above me, and the DEJ / NASCAR on any audio only format = snoozer. Welcome to the new 24/7 paint drying channel.

lol

I don't hate Sirius, I can't as I have about 5% of my stock portfolio taken up by them; I do question some of the things they do as I see it not as a fan, but as a person who can loose or make money on those decisions.

NASCAR, can't stand it, but I do have some finical interests in it and know a little about it. The fact that it is the fastest growing sport out there, I can't understand, but I am happy to make whatever I can off of it.

Now if Sirius some how became the only carrier (no more AM/FM race coverage) then I'd say they could possibly add a million subs easy. I don't see NASCAR doing that.

The am stations that carry Nascar in my area suck..no reception..so I am glad to hear some of the races..on Sirius

sjz55 said:
The am stations that carry Nascar in my area suck..no reception..so I am glad to hear some of the races..on Sirius

only some on Sirius??? :confused: If I am not mistaken, XM carries them all as well as a channel that scans the driver and crew communications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts