Newest radio ?

DonOnLI

Original poster
May 11, 2021
Long Island
I have a couple of older radios and was thinking of getting something newer. What are the newest Xm radios ? Do the newer ones get the higher channels ?

BTW I bought my onyxplus off of Amazon for 50 bucks and it came with free activation and 3 months free of the best plan. I dunno if there still doing that or how much the radio is now your mileage will vary!!!!

Reactions: TheKrell
Just curious. What do you do for an antenna? Was this one of their kits for car or home?

I had an Onyx Plux receiver in my Piper Warrior and recently replaced it with a Tour 360 XM receiver. It has all the channels and has bluetooth which will interface with my audio panel. It also has touch interface which makes channel selection easier. These also work with the XM remotes, and I use them so that back seat passengers can change the channel as they wish. I just put the antenna on the glareshield and it works fine without mounting. I unplug the radio from the cradle and it will work with the XM Boombox when I am camping. Amazon product ASIN B08NXW424LView: https://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-Portable-Speaker-SXWB1V1-Subscription/dp/B08NXW424L/ref=asc_df_B08NXW424L/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=475809990195&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3254727775202510514&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007784&hvtargid=pla-1279179590592&psc=1
The only drawback to this radio is the delayed startup; it takes about a minute or so before the music starts playing. I have attached a write-up on the installation of my prior radio.

Attachments

• Installing an Onyx Plus XM receiver into your Piper Cherokee.pdf
    651.8 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: John2021 and HipKat