Dallas/Texas Voomers Unite!

New Voomer

I live in Irving, TX, and decided to make the switch from Comcast to Voom after needing more HDTV. While Comcast's HD channels were not realy bad quality, I was just tired of the lack of HD, when I knew Voom was available with alot more channels for not much more than I was paying now.

I called Voom yesterday, March 19th, and was told of their current promotions, one was that I could get the Va Va Voom package for two months for the same price as the normal Voom package. I went ahead and ordered the Va Va Voom package, with just one receiver.

Anyway, they are coming out to install on March 24th. I did have an option of March 23rd, but I won't be off until the 24th. They apparently said I was in a "testing area" and that is why the apparent early install date.

I currently have a Mitsubishi WS-55515 with the built in HD tuner. I also have the Winegard SquareShooter on top of my roof, which I have directly plugged into my television. I will probably keep it that way, but I will see if the installer can tweak the antenna and make sure it is getting as good as a signal as it can get.

I am looking forward to Vooming, as long as Voom will be here for quite awhile after the end of the month.

good luck with downtown being bewteen you and the towers your goona have a hard time getting all the locals .do you live in a town home or apt?,house which floor can it be mounted on the roof .personally i think you probaly be better going with good winegard antenna(7010or7080) and padin it than a SQUARE SHOOTER .if your on the west side of uptown closer to maple you'll probaly be alright with the voom provide winegard (wing) good luck let us know

24" Dish?

I had Voom installed on 3/6/05 and the installer came out with a 24" dish without a request by me for the larger dish. I asked about getting the upgraded dish size and he said he would only use the 24" dish for a Voom install. I was wondering if others in the DFW area were installed with the larger dish as well? Needless to say I am happy to get the larger dish without having to request it. :D

Can anyone pull in channel 27 OTA? I'm in N. Plano at Ave K and E. Spring Creek Pkwy and I can pull in all stations except for 27. What's the trick to getting this station? If it weren't for the Rangers games I wouldn't care about it. Thanks.

I am able to get it in Richardson. If the Voom supplied wineguard antenna drops it, I switch over to my built-in tuner and Channelmaster antenna and watch it that way.

No one answered my prior post about the 24" Dish. Do all DFW Voomers automatically get this dish or is the 18" the standard for the area?

BLW said:
I am able to get it in Richardson. If the Voom supplied wineguard antenna drops it, I switch over to my built-in tuner and Channelmaster antenna and watch it that way.

No one answered my prior post about the 24" Dish. Do all DFW Voomers automatically get this dish or is the 18" the standard for the area?

The 18" dish is standard AFAIK. To this point, I have not had any major rainfade issues with the 18". Storms directly overhead rarely cause any rainfade, but you will see some if there are heavy storms in the Southeast horizon. As far as OTA goes, I'm in Arlington and have the Channel Master Stealth antenna and I have never noticed any OTA rainfade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts