Dallas/Texas Voomers Unite!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Moving the antenna 4 feet above its original location on the roof seems to have done the trick! Channel 27 (and all of the others except channels 55, 58 and 68) are coming through very clearly.

Problems on saturday or Sunday?

Did anyone in the DFW area have any issues regarding satellite reception on the overcast days of Saturday PM and Sunday ? I am trying to see if I have to change my satellite dish location, but wont bother if everyone had an issue ..
thanks

I just had my voom installed last Thursday in Austin. HD is great I get al local besides Fo:mad:Very low signal), but we had our first rain since I got it and it went out with a signal of 32 from 93+.

Have an email in to request larger sat, so we will see how it goes. Rainy days are when I need this the most.

Those of you that are currently receiving channel 27... where are you located?

I'm in South Arlington, I did receive 27 when Voom was first installed, but have since lost it. Evidently because of the drop in transmission power by KDFI.

My stealth antenna is located below my dish and below the pitch of my roof... I'm curious if raising it's elevation a bit might help.

I live in mesquite and did not get good reception on OTA till they moved my antenna to the pitch of the roof.

Good to see that lots of you on the east side of the Metroplex are having pretty good results with Voom. I'm seriously considering ordering Voom but was wondering if anyone has heard if the service is just as good/better/worse over in the town of the cow. Maybe I missed it but havent really seen anything on how things are going on the Fort Worth side. Probably my biggest concern, like a lot of you, is the OTA's.

turinx said:
Good to see that lots of you on the east side of the Metroplex are having pretty good results with Voom. I'm seriously considering ordering Voom but was wondering if anyone has heard if the service is just as good/better/worse over in the town of the cow. Maybe I missed it but havent really seen anything on how things are going on the Fort Worth side. Probably my biggest concern, like a lot of you, is the OTA's.

I think most people in the metroplex will do good as far as OTA goes since most local broadcasts are coming from one cluster in cedar hill. That is provided you don't have any major obstructions or issues with putting up an antenna.

Hi Guys,

In Houston here!

What's the deal with KNWS Channel 51? When I do an OTA scan, it is added to my channels, but when I go to the channel, I get a "No Signal Found". I have my own antenna installed and I get every other OTA channel (KPRC, PBS, KHOU, KTRK, UPN-20, KRIV, WB, and the Spanish. But no KNWS. I want to see the Astros games. Any reason why I might not be getting this channel? It is broadcasted in upconverted HD isn't it?

Thanks,

Channel 27 in Dallas

Rockwall Voomer here. I've had Voom for about a month now and everyday I love it more and more. The install was great and I've had no problems except a few software problems which were minor, all I had to do is reset the box. I put a powered amplifier on my antenna input into the diplexer to keep the OTA signals steady and right now I'm getting 20+ OTA channels. The problem is that one of the channels I really want is Channel 27, so I can see the Rangers and the Stars. I can nott get it too come up with the digital signal. The solution I have come up with, is to view Ch. 27 in an analog format until they up their power for the digital signal. My tv has a "loop out" coax port, so I bring the coax from the wall to the "antenna A" port and then run the "loop out" port to the Voom receiver. Ch. 27 comes in nice on analog and the coolest thing is that I can watch an HD broadcast using the Voom box and have a PIP of the Rangers or Stars. This method could also be performed by using a splitter, just run one of the out ports of the splitter to the regular coax input on the tv and the other to the Voom box. Granted the analog signal is not near as clean as the digital but I still can see the game. All of this is done inside my house and I did not have to get a new antenna or mess with anything outside my house. It all works with the equipment Voom gave me!!!

A very happy customer

sircharles4848, I am doing the exact same thing for KNWS in Houston. I have the loop out and watch the games I want to watch in analog since their digital channel is not powerful enough to reach my house. Bummer.

sircharles,
Glad you are up and running in Rockwall. I live just down the hwy from you on IH-30 in Garland. I have been having a problem with my OTAs. I live in an apt and the will not maintain the master antennas on the apt bldgs. I think there is something wrong with the one on my bldg but they won't do anything about it saying that the antennas are too old. I have a Voom tech coming out to try one of the Stealth antennas on my balcony but I am not getting my hopes up due to the poor track record of these Voom antennas. If it does not work then I thing I am just out of luck when it comes to OTA. I do get channel 4,5, 11 and 21 but that is it.

I was looking at my sat and OTA antenna yesterday and I noticed the tech gave me a Winegaurd OTA antenna. From the other post that I have read apprently the Wineguard is supposed to be better than the stealth, I dont know for sure. Also I have a power amplifier (10dB) on the OTA line before it goes into the diplexer and it seems to help out alot. I suggest trying the inline amp and seeing what happens. :cool:

Pete,

Are you still without channel 27? I'm in E. Plano too and have had Voom since March 10. I get all OTA except 27. I would really love to see the Rangers. Just wondering if you get 27 now and if so what did you do?

Bob

ram1220 said:
Pete,

Are you still without channel 27? I'm in E. Plano too and have had Voom since March 10. I get all OTA except 27. I would really love to see the Rangers. Just wondering if you get 27 now and if so what did you do?

Bob

Ram1220,

I'm in Arlington and haven't been able to receive 27 since they lowered the power of their DTV signal.

I doubt many people in this area are picking up a DTV from 27 due to the low power of their broadcast. I'm not exactly sure why they have lowered their power on their broadcast but I guess they don't particularly think that DTV viewers are a very important segment of their market :no

Well I'll be damned! Flipping through the channels tonight and as of right now channel 27-1 is coming in perfect. Not sure how long it'll last but it's the first time I've been able to pull it in.

Bob

Channel 27 in Dallas

Attention!!! Attention!!!
Coming to you from Rockwall,

"Channel 27 KDFI is IN"........ I repeat

"Channel 27 KDFI is in"

They must have bumped up their signal b/c I'm watching it right now!!!!!!!!

Ranger game on @7 tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
A very happy customer

Amplifying OTA signal?

Is it possible to amplify the OTA signal using an in-line amplifier of some sort?

I get CH 27 when it is rainy and overcast. Messes with the sattelite but helps CH 27.

Lakewoodvoomer,
Yes it is possible to boost your signal with an inline signal amp. My Voom installer put one on my system and I think it helps now because I can finally get channel 27.

Pete,
I used to get same thing when it was cloudy here in Garland but now I get it all the time ever since my Voom installer put a new Stealth antenna and inline amp on. It could also be that channel 27 may have boosted their signal recently. I don't know for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)