Dallas/Texas Voomers Unite!

Well I got my upgraded antenna this week (WineGard HD7210 w/amp) but still no signal for channel 27. Like I said in an earlier post, I really didn't expect to pull it in. But this antenna looks like a "real antenna" and is pulling in the other OTA stations anywhere between 40 and 80. With the Stealth every now and then my picture would freeze (esp. on Channel 5). I hope this upgrade at least rectifies this issue.

Potential new Voomer from Addison here, but I have a quick question. I signed up last week with an install date next week. On the advice of this forum, I called Installs Inc to get a hold of the local install company to confirm everything. When I talked to them, they told me that I probably wouldn't be able to be installed because I didn't have a clear view of the SOUTHEASTERN sky.

Is this correct? My understanding was the VOOM satellite was more Southwestern. When I picked my new apartment, I selected one specifically with getting VOOM in mind. Please tell me that I am not hosed in this deal.

People in the Northeast would really like a bird over the pacific. They have to point their dishes almost downward along the horizon to get to the bird. Lots of Seattle area people can't get Voom due to trees and buildings. I think that Voom should think of another bird launch sometime in the future, after they get established and start to show profit. That would also give them space for regional sports networks and the like by region. Wish I had better news for you. Maybee you can get a neighbor to get it and send you a line!!!

TV Calibration

I'm in Plano. Have had Voom for a while now. I'm really happy with it. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are professional TV calibrators in the area. I hear once a TV is professionally calibrated it's like night and day.

hope to be vooming in Mesquite June 8th anybody out vooming in mesquite that can tell me about their experience with installation and service

Calibrator...

cajun_100...go to the Dallas Home Theater Group here... http://dhtg.napurano.com/dhtgweb/dh...Programming&number=11&DaysPrune=20&LastLogin= and look around for Steve Martin. He is a top notch HDTV calibrator. He will fix you up (expect to pay around $300). I have not had mine done by Steve yet but when I am ready, I will get him to swing by and do a full calibration. By the way, he also lives in Plano if I remember correctly.

Good luck,
Tony.

reymar said:
hope to be vooming in Mesquite June 8th anybody out vooming in mesquite that can tell me about their experience with installation and service

I have been vooming here in Garland for about a couple of months now and overall I am happy with it. My installation went fine and the picture is better than I thought it would be on SD channels. HD of course looks great. One of my main gripes is that I still can't get channel 27 like a lot of other people. How is your reception for your OTA channels?

My OTA in east Plano is great. CH 27 does not come in due to them running at lower power right now. They have a license for the full power but have not fired it up yet. They are running at 11kw and have a license for 1000kw, which is the same power as the rest of the channels around here so it should come in fine when they get fired up. One good thing I have found with the OTA, when the rain kills the sat signal, you still get your OTAs, which is a good thing when you are watching for tornadoes!!!

Pete,
Good to hear that your OTAs are coming in even though Ch.27 still doesn't come in. Well all my OTA channels have been out for a week now. I have service call scheduled to find out what the problem is though.

I e-mailed CH27 again to ask when they had plans on going full power and never have heard back. Hopefully sometime before the end of Rangers season!!!! I am thinking of splitting my antenna to the analog tuner in my TV just to get CH 27 but don't want to dillute my digital signal any. COME ON CH 27!!!!!! Fire up that big transmitter!!!!!

Hey All
I live in a bit of a valley in Mesquite and having trouble with OTA's. The question I have, is do you have your antenna at the very peek of your roof because mine was installed on the lower end of the roof with the dish. Would installing it at the top help with reception

I think the higher the better. Sometimes they place it right along the roofline to get a "bounce" off the roof but if you are in a valley, get it up high.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am getting Voom installed on the 12th at my new apartment in Richardson(bordering Garland). I will be living on the ground floor(no balcony/patio) but with a small patch of land before the parking lot. What kind of install will i need to be able to receive both the Satellite & OTA channels ? Also, will the installer charge me extra since it is not the usual ?
Finally, will they do the install if i can provide the hardware (i am thinking pole/concrete in bucket setup) ?

I also have an old rabbit ear RS antenna. Anyone living in the Richardson/Garland area, can you state your experience with indoor antenna for OTA HD ?

Thanks
Nivas

Hey
Metro Tech came out and noticed my antenna was 20* off then put my antenna at the very peek of my roof and problem solved. I get all OTA's and channel 27 go Rangers

Royse City sounding off

Sounding off from Royse City, I was voomed 3 weeks ago, and everything went well with the exception of local channels. I had the installers come out twice, first the installed the batwings version, and that was useless. The next visit was a the more conventional looking upgrade, that didn't work in the location they placed the original batwings. Due to the pitch of my roof, they felt it was a safety hazard to relocate from this position. So yesterday wearing my trusty rubber souls, climbed the peak of my roof and planted the voom flag. I get all channels with the exception of 27 and sometimes 55 for some reason.. but I am not complaining. I would however offer a bit of advice, if you live in the outlining areas of DFW, you may want to check out your address on www.antennaweb.org to see if your location is in a weak zone and let the installers know this before they come out, this will save some headaches in the initial install...
other than that... loving my voom... watch out dish network.. your being voominated..

I live in East Dallas and had VOOM installed a couple of weeks ago. The HD programming is great! But the local channel reception is spotty. ABC (Channel 8) is consistently good, but the others come and go. I have had the "upgrade" RCA antenna installed but that has not done the trick. Any suggestions on what type of antenna I need to try next?

Hey
Is your antenna on top of your roof. also a couple of degrees off and you lose the signal. I was having problems till Metro Tech came out and switched that little Tbar antenna for a large Wingard. He noticed that my ant. was off by 20* and pointed down. He put it on top of my roof in the right direction and I get all my channels even channel 27 that some say is hard to get in my area.

Metro Tech is coming out on Monday. I may have them move it to the top of the roof. I have the RCA antenna upgrade now. Hopefully moving the antenna will make a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts