Dallas/Texas Voomers Unite!

you can change the "temperature" on your tv to represent warmer or cooler colors. I think this is what he is talking about.

Well I had my install yesterday......
The guy showed up at 11. He said that he didnt have my stealth anten so he could do the install but I wouldnt get my locals until he came back and put it up. Or he could come back later and get everything installed at once. I told him it was fine to comeback later and do it all at once.....

He showed up about 5:30 and started the install. To my surprise he said he was going to install the 30" dish. I didnt even have to say anything. Other than that it was a nice plain install. He ran 2 lines one for the sat the other for the OTA.

I sat and was amazed at the picutres... I stayed up tooo late watching Rush ......

StevenD said:
Pete,

I dont believe Ch 27 (KDFI) is broadcasting in digital right now....or its EXTREMELLY low powered. Ive got a monster antenna almost 30 feet in the air. At one time I got Ch 27, now Im not able to pick it up at all.

KDFI is broadcasting in digital but currently only at 11.2kW. After their temporary authority runs out they should be up at 1000kW.

More information here: http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?list=0&facid=17037

Being as though 27 is so, on again, off again, is a pain because the Ranger games are broadcast on this channel. I'm in McKinney with an 80" antenna and a signal booster :(

More Power SOON Please!

No OTA and no Cinema 10...

Hi guys,

Well, I had my install done right before I left for a one week vacation. At the time the install was done, I did not have the lattest firmware but it looked like all the Sat channels showed including info on the guide. The install guy mentioned that the OTA channels should show up latter on and so before my wife and I left town, I left the Sat box "on" 24/7 for firmware/software upgrade and to see if when we return from our vacation, the OTA channels will show up.

We are now back in town, and I see the lattest firmware upgrade v568 and all the local channels mapped properly on the program guide. Even the clock on the guide showed with the correct time. However, when I try and select any of the OTA channels, it does not show up and a few of the sat channels do not want to tune in either. (for example, none of the Cinema 10 channels show up). What's going on?

Before I call Voom up for an explanation, I was wondering if someone can give me some hints. My OTA antenna had worked very well with my old DirecTV box and picked up all the high def local channels (I had already cancelled my DirecTV service over a year ago and have been getting free local High Def broadcast using the Stealth Antenna and the old DirecTV box). During the Voom installation, neither I nor the installer moved the stealth antenna, we just hooked the RG6 directly to the OTA coax connection in the back of the Voom box (keep in mind that I already had a Stealth Antenna set up prior to getting Voom, however, I do not have it amplified).

First question: Compared to my DirecTV box, is the Voom box OTA tuner capabilities not that great/strong? Do I need to amplify my existing Stealth Antenna? Do I have to re-orient the direction of my existing stealth antenna? I would think that I do not need to do this since it worked perfectly fine prior to the Voom install.

Second question: Why am I not getting all the sat channels, including Cinema 10 channels? again, is this a Voom box issue? Does overcast or bad weather affect the reception of the Sat channels. As I write this, the weather in the Dallas area is overcast with light rain.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Problems solved...

Just did a reset on the Voom box and everything is Ok now.

Please disregard my last post....

Tony.

Glad to hear it all got situatioed, TVH. the OTA in the DFW area is really incredible. I couldn't believe the difference between my OTA and my parents Comcast HD PQ. Night and day! I love Voom!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean Digideal. I don't think I can do without OTA HD. So far my Voom experience has been pretty good. I think I am going to stick with Voom for awhile.

Just signed up this morning and will have install on May 10 in Mckinney. Should I request a separate line run for the OTA or should I have them link the OTA and the SAT lines?

I've had my HDTV set for 2 years and this will be, at install, the 1st time an HD signal has been pumped through it. I can't wait.

I told the guy I wanted 2 separate lines... He told me that he ran them that way anyway.... So it worked out for me...

I already had two separate lines for my old DirecTV setup so my installation was a breeze for the installer. I would recommend two lines also. Insist on two separate lines. Good luck with your installation.

I had OTA problems and the installer came back out to install a larger antenna. First, he ran the 2 lines and got rid of the diplexers and my signal was much better. Channel 27 is still weak, but I hear that they are running at low power.

Arlington Future Voomer Channel 21/27 Concerns

I'm about to switch from DISH to Voom, so I'll be giving up the regional Fox Sports Net. Since alot of Ranger and Maverick games are available via OTA I hoping it won't be a major loss. However channel 27 and 21 aren't the strongest channels around. I'm wondering if any other Arlington Voom users are able to recieve these channels from the Voom OTA basic antenna or did it take an upgrade.

Thanks!

TX: How far away are you from the tower? go to antennaweb and find out, if you are close enough (which you might be) and your antenna is a high powered, you should be good to go. Is MetroTech doing your install? they know their stuff and will get you in the right direction.

MetroTech is doing my install.
So based on your positive feedback of that company I'm feeling pretty good right now!
Thanks.

adamneh said:
Just signed up this morning and will have install on May 10 in Mckinney. Should I request a separate line run for the OTA or should I have them link the OTA and the SAT lines?

I've had my HDTV set for 2 years and this will be, at install, the 1st time an HD signal has been pumped through it. I can't wait.

Yea I'm also having an installation done in McKinney on the 10th the guy is actually here now and is extremely cool. I told him as soon as I cracked the door open that I had no land lines anywhere close to my TVs and he said it would be a good thing to get them there but didn't refuse the install :D :yes . I will figure out how I'm gonna handle it later. He came prepared with the bigger OTA antenna because I'm so far away from the towers. We are close.... :clap

Update

Well the install was a success. I'm not sure about the complaints that I've heard but so far I'm extremely pleased with almost all of the content that I see in the cinema10 area. EspnHD isn't impressing me. Discovery rocks! Overall I'm pleased. Need to call Dish and say "see ya" :yes Will I see additional picture quality when I get the new update? I'm currently at 5.08?

My install went pretty well. They installed the larger antenna but the only local I am only receiving is Channel 8. Also one receiver won't get ESPNHD while the other one will. I will wait until I get the latest download from Voom before I have anyone back to check my issues out. I figure they may resolve themselves over a day or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)