Dam my D* picture is horrid

phatbastard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Dam....Dam....dam!!! My picture looks so bad....their HD channels look like my voom channels did for voom channels that were SD

The SD channels are indeed putrid, but my HDs aren't all that bad-to me anyway.

My HD isnt that bad from Direct either...its just not as good as VOOM was. Just finished watching the Yanks in HD on YESHD...looked really good to me. Im missing VOOM alot though. MonstersHD ...Rave...just going through all the HD ch's even if there wasnt anything on sometimes.

I'm missing VOOM too, but my D* HD channels look great. I think there is some psych stuff with some folks. They have convinced themselves VOOM is the best HD to the point no other HD looks as good. VOOM was the best HD because it was the most HD. Let it go. D*, and I'm sure E* HD is just fine. There's just not enough of it.

It's really hard watching NBA playoffs on TNT SD. If they could get TNTHD, I'd be happy to wait awhile for them to aquire the Voom stuff. I've seen most of the Voom programming already (I'm not much of a World Sport fan) and with their repetition factor, I don't think I'd be missing much for the next few months. The Nationals/Mets game looks great on ESPNHD and I'm completely enjoying my HDTivo.

My V* picture is the best it ever was. Perfect HD blue. Yet every channel has Lab. hmm...lol

Not that v* picture was bad to begin with.

Sad everyone was moaning about Voom's PQ, a while back and I admit it was bad sometimes, but I had gone from D* to V* and I thought Voom looked hot. I think everyone sucks. :(

Dvlos said:
Sad everyone was moaning about Voom's PQ, a while back and I admit it was bad sometimes, but I had gone from D* to V* and I thought Voom looked hot. I think everyone sucks. :(
WOW!
I never said V* looked bad. If "everyone" did not like V* PQ as you say, then why did V* have any customers? There were some PQ issuses but they were issuses. Also if you look at the other forums under D* and E* I seem to recall many of them looking at us Voomers with envy and now many of them are jumping up and down with the addition or soon to be addition of V* programing. They also can't wait until the new sats or m-4 gets up and going to gain what we had in PQ.
-scott

I can 2nd that.

A couple of weeks ago I had both Direct TV and Dish.

Direct TV HD looked bad compared to Dishentworks 942 recevier.

Many say Direct TV downconverts or compresses HD

I do have to say that as much as my wife and I LOVED VOOM and hated to see it go, our Comcast SD and HD picture in Chicago is pretty darn good and I could argue that the SD is much better. And I hate to say that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts