damaged dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mustang65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
Greeneville,TN
I have a 18x20 phase 3 dish i bought from a co-worker with two small dings on one side. My question is will that affect the performance of the signal?

i would think they have to be pretty deep to be an issue, but i have seen the phaseIII dish all over ebay for $30 why not get you money back and buy a new one.

YES YES ABSOLUTELY IT CAN Depending on the severity of the "dings". If the skin is bent to far, it will throw off your signal. Remember, dishes work off of refraction from a skin. Your best bet is to check all the transponders that you should have in your area after install. Now if they truly are "dings", you should be ok. If not, you'll see readings all over the place.

Also, does anyone know why so many want to buy used equipment when you can go virtually anywhere an get a free install that actually comes with a warranty from an HSP? :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)