Damaged DTE-7150 Repair Parts Information Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dotbatman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Hey Everyone:

Got a DTE-7150 and HDD-1000 purchased, but the DTE-7150 SD connector broke off and did some damage during shipping. So far I haven't been able to get anything from the HDD-1000 either (even with ION HD locked in on 103W). I think they may both be broken, but the only other unit I have to test with is my DSR-920 and I don't know of any ITC DC II HD that I can see with that receiver to test the HDD-1000 by itself. I'll post some pictures of the damage later, but I'm wondering if someone could provide my with a picture and/or the value for the resistor found at the position L502. It's just to the right (facing the rear of the unit) of the SD BNC connector on the circuit board and sits to the left of a resistor with the value of 287 (L501 on the Circuit Board). The capacitor just behind the SD BNC also got snapped off and lifted the solder pad on the right side :(, not sure if I have the talent to fix it, but we'll see. Seller is checking into a claim on the USPS insurance, but I don't know how those work and I really would rather have the units.

I have a 7100 that has 2 SDI outputs on it so maybe you could just put one in the empty slot. Also if you have the ASI output you could get a pc card and feed that into the PC.

You can check the HDD-1000.

1- Hook up via component cables to tv powered on and ready to view that input.

2- Power up the HDD-1000.

You will see a GI screen for a half second or so.

You can check the HDD-1000.

1- Hook up via component cables to tv powered on and ready to view that input.

2- Power up the HDD-1000.

You will see a GI screen for a half second or so.

Thanks for the tip. I think it's still working, but can't be for sure. Both of my TVs shut off the inputs if there is no signal and it takes a little more than a half second to switch, but once I timed it just right where I powered the HDD1000 up and there was a 1080p indication for a split second.

Take a pic of the wiring you have coming from the hdd?

Here are some pictures of the damage. I'll take some shots of how the HDD-1000 is hooked up and post them when I get a minute, but I'm trying to figure out how best to repair the lifted pad for the capacitor at the moment. By the way, in my original post I said the resistor next to my broken resistor was marked 287. That is incorrect, as you can see from the pictures, it is marked "2R7".

Attachments

• IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
  • IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    896.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 154
  • IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    836.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Are you interested in this?

[h=2]Tech Special - Free DTE-7100[/h]
I have a Digitrans DTE-7100 rack mount DC2 tuner that I am offering for free. (Local pick up only)

This will need a new rotary encoder on the right hand side.

I am will to ship IF buyer pays for shipping and packing from our local UPS store.​

When you say "OSD" are you referring to On Screen Display? Or are you referring to how do you get the LCD on the 7150 to work? The closest thing to an "OSD" this box has is the video test screen. The manual for the DSR-4800 has the setup information as the 4800 is a rebranded DTE-7150.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.