Dan Patrick Leaving ESPN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think ESPN has completely gone TOO Hollywood. I liked the ESPN of 10 years ago. And the so-called "homie" comments...just a TAD racist in my opinion....

sick of all the slang terms used by stew and his cohorts
plus no mention of hockey yet they mention futbol
and those tear jerking terminal kids stories

we get it some pro athletes use there celebrity for charity work

sick of all the slang terms used by stew and his cohorts
plus no mention of hockey yet they mention futbol
and those tear jerking terminal kids stories

we get it some pro athletes use there celebrity for charity work

I am not to thrilled about all the slang either, but truth be told...that is Stew's schtick AND that is, unfortunately what's in. And getting rid of the NBA package and "the homies" will not drastically improve ESPN as a whole.....may make you look racist, but not improve the show.

As far as hockey is concerned, the sport is dying and dying fast. They get crap ratings regardless WHEN and WHERE it is televised. "Futbol" is THE most seen sport in the world...and the melting pot the US is AND the major improvement of the National team AND the major stars from the European Leagues that have come here AND it is just about played AS MUCH as any other sport by kids.....duh
HELLO??!! Your surprised??!!

And finally, "those tear jerking terminal kids stories" ....would you rather hear about THAT than 'pro athlete so-and-so was arrested today for driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol....' or '4 members of the Baltimore Ravens were arrested in connection of a shooting in such-and-such night club at 3 am....' I don't know about YOU, but I rather hear about 'D-Wade of the Miami Heat' or 'Ken Griffey of the Cincinnati Reds' taking a bunch of terminally ill children to Disney or under privileged children to a museum ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over the main crap about behavior by athletes in a heartbeat!

back to webby, i love ko's sarcasm too......so you aren't the lone stranger.

kenny mayne stopped being good years ago, imho!

not all women doing sports are dopes..............we all know how much i like suzy kolber and her vast knowledge of football. now, i read ron jaworski use to babysit her.......cool!

i will still miss dan.

Chris Berman is the best personality on ESPN. But when Patrick and Olberman were together on Sportscenter, there was no one better.

But the whole network is getting to "Hollywood" like Salsa said, I do enjoy Mike and Mike, PTI and Rome is burning, but everything else is pretty boring.

Chris Berman is the best personality on ESPN. But when Patrick and Olberman were together on Sportscenter, there was no one better.

But the whole network is getting to "Hollywood" like Salsa said, I do enjoy Mike and Mike, PTI and Rome is burning, but everything else is pretty boring.

I agree with everything except Rome, I can't stand that man.

I don't watch Sportscenter (ESPN) but I do watch SportsCentre (TSN in Canada) for 3 reasons
-they actually care about hockey :)
-they don't put themselves ahead of the sports
-Jennifer Hedger is much better on the eyes than any female at ESPN that does Sportscenter:)
header-jennifer_hedger.jpg
This is just another reason why I love my StarChoice subscription and why hockey is the sport of North America.

Yeah...neither can I. He is the "sports guy" that tries his schtick TOO much...litterally forcing it down your throat. Hell....I even miss ole Dickie V.

After that crap he pulled with Jim Everett I wanted to punch him myself.

Chris Berman ????? He does what 1 event a year ....
I like him, but he hardly does any events anymore.

I do like MIKE and mike and Dan Patricks show as well, don't care to much for Colin, he changes his mind too often.

As for ROME, I sure hope that he doesn't go into the time slot Dan's leaving.
Rome is strictly all about himself ..... I have never cared for him or his style.
I feel the same way about Mr. HOOOOW EEEEver, Stepen A Smith ...

Jimbo

Man, Berman became a caricature of himself a long time ago. Talk about someone buying into his own hype! I absolutely can't stand him doing baseball games. He was very refreshing back when he started; but then like all the really popular sportscasters, he began to take himself a little too seriously. If Olbermann could leave his paid political announcements off the air, I'd be able to enjoy him. Stu is just a little too hip for his own good. I lost all respect for him when he allowed "booyow" to be highjacked into "booyah." Those who know will know what I'm talking about.

Sad thing is that stu scott is such a phony! He tries to talk all these ghetto terms and he never been in the ghetto or anything like that in his life! And why would anyone want Olberwoman back at ESPN? You seen him on MSNBC? That guy is a fruitcake with his conspiricy theories a typical communist views! Its bad enough how ESPN over hypes worthless cultural issues like Danica Patrick, I just get sick of the liberal crap they force on people!

Sad thing is that stu scott is such a phony! He tries to talk all these ghetto terms and he never been in the ghetto or anything like that in his life! And why would anyone want Olberwoman back at ESPN? You seen him on MSNBC? That guy is a fruitcake with his conspiricy theories a typical communist views! Its bad enough how ESPN over hypes worthless cultural issues like Danica Patrick, I just get sick of the liberal crap they force on people!

AH politics makes an ugly appearance....:rolleyes: Again with the "homie bashing"....Look, whether you folks like it or not....hip/hop, rap and r&b is a part of every day culture....look at all the commercials, sporting events and movies. I am not defending Scott because I am only luke warm about the genre myself...nor ever was a fan of Mr. "Buya!!"

As far as OlberMANN, he is NOW on a show about POLITICS...so therefore, that is what he talks/spews/rants...what floats your boat. When he was on ESPN, did you hear his politics??!! NO....WHY??!! DUUUHHHH...it was a show ABOUT SPORTS!!!

So, lighten-up, loosen up the panties and relax....this is SPORTS, not religion, politics or brain surgery.....:rolleyes::D:up Have a beer and pretzel while your at it....:eureka;)

OMG! totally agree!:up

</IMG>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)