Daredevil on Netflix is getting great reviews

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Daredevil tomorrow, and Game of Thrones sunday. Ahhh, cant wait.

I am going to wait on Game of Thrones till the season is done, I can only binge watch TV series now ( I blame Netflix ) and the season is only 10 episodes long so not too long to wait.

Definitely a good weekend for TV. I'll be jumping into Daredevil tomorrow and watching every episode of Game of Thrones pretty close to live. HBO doesn't have commercials so I don't mind starting right away. On top of that I always end up hearing spoilers for that show if I don't watch on Sunday night.

If Daredevil ever did a crossover with Marvel Agents of Shield,it would severely have to tone itself down,because it's like it could be on HBO,minus the full frontal nudity. It most definitely is not a show for the kids to watch. It is a very adult oriented show for a Marvel series.

I ended up watching the first four episodes tonight. It doesn't feel like Marvel but I really like it. I kind of forget it's part of the Marvel universe until they make vague references to the aftermath of The Avengers movie. The tone is very different but I think this still stands up well on its own.

I ended up watching the first four episodes tonight. It doesn't feel like Marvel but I really like it. I kind of forget it's part of the Marvel universe until they make vague references to the aftermath of The Avengers movie. The tone is very different but I think this still stands up well on its own.
If you haven't already seen it,wait until they make a vague reference to a "man in an iron suit" or a man "with a hammer."

I'm 3 1/2 episodes in, and I got to tell you, it's difficult to commit to further. At best, a very SLOW burn. What strikes me most the the LABOURIOUS violence! Plodding. Not an enjoyable watch. Think I'm done.

It's a shame that the X-men belong to Fox & not Disney,otherwise someone would have made a reference about how Daredevil doesn't heal like Wolverine.probably the first time Claire stitched him up.

After watching the second episode, I had to read about how they filmed the main fight scene, it was all done in one take, amazing work of choreography for a TV series, it makes all the action stuff on shows like Arrow ( which I do watch and like) look so fake.

All the sound is great in DD+, the sides/rears really come alive.

I finished it last night and was very impressed. It felt like a 13 hour movie, and the last episode was fantastic.

Next up? AKA Jessica Drew

I'm 3 1/2 episodes in, and I got to tell you, it's difficult to commit to further. At best, a very SLOW burn. What strikes me most the the LABOURIOUS violence! Plodding. Not an enjoyable watch. Think I'm done.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. This has been excellent to watch. It is so much more grounded in reality than the rest of the MU (to the extent that a "blind" vigilante can be considered grounded in reality). The gritty fights are what I imagine things would actually be like and very much in fitting with the character. The whole guilty and self questioning of morality is also very striking. They did a very good job of fleshing out the characters and avoiding the black and white or right and wrong dichotomy. Two thumbs up.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. This has been excellent to watch. It is so much more grounded in reality than the rest of the MU (to the extent that a "blind" vigilante can be considered grounded in reality). The gritty fights are what I imagine things would actually be like and very much in fitting with the character. The whole guilty and self questioning of morality is also very striking. They did a very good job of fleshing out the characters and avoiding the black and white or right and wrong dichotomy. Two thumbs up.
I did end up watching all of it. By about the 5th ep, I began to like...kind of finally got off center. So, my mind was changed. However, I do think the violence was pushing the envelope...and I never thought I would hear myself say that.

Last edited:
I'm about 8 or 9 episodes in and I really like the show. I don't really mind the violence either. These are supposed to be bad guys and they are going to do bad things.

The series may have more violence than a PG13 Marvel movie, but it is about the same or less violence than a HBO or AMC series. I finish the season and I actually found the "bad" guys more likeable. At the end I am kind of cheering for Fisk.

The series may have more violence than a PG13 Marvel movie, but it is about the same or less violence than a HBO or AMC series. I finish the season and I actually found the "bad" guys more likeable. At the end I am kind of cheering for Fisk.
I think it's a function of how well rounded they tried to make the characters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)