Date show originally aired?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thechad708

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2005
Yesterday I switched to D* after a year and a half with E*. The total number of HD channels and E* being so stuborn with MLB EI were the deal breakers. I got an HD DVR and two SD DVRs. One great feature E* has that my D* boxes dont is when you hit info it will tell you the exact date the show first aired. It makes it really easy to know if its a rerun. Anyone with any info on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

Yesterday I switched to D* after a year and a half with E*. The total number of HD channels and E* being so stuborn with MLB EI were the deal breakers. I got an HD DVR and two SD DVRs. One great feature E* has that my D* boxes dont is when you hit info it will tell you the exact date the show first aired. It makes it really easy to know if its a rerun. Anyone with any info on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

I too miss this as an EX E* sub.

Doesn't it say "repeat" or similar in the guide if it's a repeat? Not exactly the same, but serves the same purpose. You can also set your DVR to only record first run shows...

Your right about not recording re-runs, I just dont see the text in the guide :)

Yeah, you're right... I don't know where I thought I saw that, but I flipped through a little bit last night and it wasn't there.

Weird.

I find it there whenever I look, but you need to look in the INFO, it may not show in just the normal part of the guide.
Otherwise that is a STATION issue, not a D* issue, has to do with the info coming from the station, part of the PSIP data.
IF the station sends the "New or Repeat" info it will show up in the guide.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)