Day 3 of VOOM- still no OTAs

johnric79

Original poster
May 29, 2004
I am having a problem with the local stations. Problem is that the channels that show up in the program guide are not close to me and are not even digital! I called VOOM three times today. They said they rehit my system 3 times. They sound as if they don't believe me when I tell them that I cannot get any OTAs. Has anyone had a similar problem? I am at the end of my rope with this satellite system.

Thanks.

you might want to send a message to "Wilt Hildenbrand" <wilth@optonline.net> he has help alot of us with Dish problems and OTA problems send him an e-mail and let him know whats going on and send your info as well , just remember its a holiday day tomorrow so you might not get a reply asap.

johnric79,
Sorry to hear about your problem. As Sean explained you in another thread, it is caused by a wrong OTA map. Basically, your zip code is associated with a wrong OTA map, that's why you are not seeing correct stations in the PG. This problem, although not very common, did happen to others in the past. It will be resolved for you within the next few days. Sean, I assume, has already sent all your information to VOOM, but you can do it yourself as well using Wilt's email address mentioned by LOBO2999 above.
Unfortunately it takes time to resolve problems like this one, so please be patient. Currently there is nothing you (or your installer) can do on your end. Resets and reboots won't help. Future STB software versions will have a channel scanning capability which will allow you to create your own OTA channel map.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts