Day Break = Groundhog Day?

Need

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I was watching the Day Break preview, it seems like every episode would be the same day over and over again, just the main character doing different things to change his life. I love Groundhog Day, but I am not sure how long I could stand it if it is a series...

I still haven't recovered from voOm's ill-advised Groundhog Day stunt from a few years ago (when they showed Groundhog Day on every channel, all day long. Bastards.). I don't want anything to do with anything that even reminds me of that. I still haven't forgiven them.

;)

I set my DVR to tape the 2 hour pilot tomorrow. It is taking over Lost's time slot, so maybe it will pick up some viewers.

Just like "The Nine" same thing over and over again. I can't watch that show anymore. I doubt this one can hold my attention for more than 2 episodes.

I still haven't recovered from voOm's ill-advised Groundhog Day stunt from a few years ago (when they showed Groundhog Day on every channel, all day long. Bastards.). I don't want anything to do with anything that even reminds me of that. I still haven't forgiven them.

;)

LMAO!! Yea me too!:D

Not a good sign for DayBreak

I agree, that the fact that its stats dropped throughout the show are NOT good; but its overall numbers are not bad at all compared with a lot of the stuff on tv. In the rating thread I opined that it struck me that the people watching Dancing with the Stars are not likely to be the same audience for Daybreak. I will be curious to see how it does in a normal one-hour format; and to see if the numbers parallel what it got on opening night.

I just watched it; and liked it. It is more sophisticated than the Groundhog day premise, since Hopper does NOT do the same thing every day, he learns from what he does, and tries to get closer to the solution.

So far, I say it is worth giving a second episode. :up

same opinion as rockymtnhigh. It looks pretty good but I do not know if it is going to hold my attention for 11 weeks. They have to have some pretty fancy story in order to hold me (based on the given premise).

Day Break's second episode took a tumble in the ratings from its first week, managing only a 3.4/6, BUT given that it was the night before Thanksgiving, and ratings were down across the board, next week's ratings might provide a better sense of the shows audience.

I actually like it too. I love it that the main character knows more and more about the plot everyday, and the bad guys have no idea how he found out. :p

I actually like it too. I love it that the main character knows more and more about the plot everyday, and the bad guys have no idea how he found out. :p

Yeah, the story is definitely more complex than Groundhog Day where everything is the same every day; this guy's actions cause a ripple in the space-time fabric (sorry, I am a true-blood Star Trek fan!) in which his action in the current "day" impact what happens the next time through. I like it. As long as that ripple does not become a tear... :eek:

The one twist I like is that he carries over the previous injuries with him to the next day. It is not like Groundhog Day where he was invinsible. Everyone around him could be injured or die and they would recover the next day, but he has to be careful on what he is doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)