Days of Our Lives wild feed on E2 6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satmana

Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
East Coast, USA
:confused:
I'm hoping someone can help me. I've been recording the Days of Our Lives wild feed located at E2 6 at 4:15 AM Eastern Time (M-F) for quite some time. I have not been able to find a signal there for the last two mornings. I have a 10 ft dish and I'm using a 4DTV Receiver Model DSR922 along with a Fortec Star digital satellite receiver. I'm able to receive other channels with the Fortec Star, so I'm pretty sure it's operating correctly. I did a blind search with the Fortec Star this morning but was unable to find the Days of Our Lives signal. The down frequency is 3822 MHz and the symbol rate is 29.125 Msps. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this subject? Is it possible they have moved to another location or are having problems. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Likely they either moved to another transponder or satellite. Or switched to S2. Is it possible the season for the show has ended, and they no longer need to pre-feed them? Didn't know it was there so I have no clue where it might've gone.

Days went HD a few months ago, so they may have done away with that feed. Days pretty much shows new episodes daily year round. They only take a break on Thurs and Fridays of Wimbledon coverage and on Thanksgiving.

My sister and girlfriend are both DOOL junkies, so I unfortunately know the schedule pretty well.

:cool:
I appreciate all the replies.
I've been taping this soap for my wife for a long time. I believe they went from analog to digital around September of 2008. That's when I started using the Fortec Star digital satellite receiver as a slave receiver. The last episode I taped was Friday morning 17 December 2010. I have not been able to find the signal since then. The nice thing about this feed was that it was commercial free and it was a day ahead. In other words what I taped on Friday 17 December was aired in the States on Monday 20 December. You are right, osu1991, they have new episodes daily (M-F) year round except for the days that you mentioned.
OK guys, I'm going to keep searching around to see if I can find out what happened to the wild feed. If I find anything new, I will post it here. Please do the same if anyone has additional information.

I checked this with the BLSA and a signal popped up just before 1:00 AM PST on the same transponder at 3820 V 26665.
I am not able to lock it. The signal is pretty weak on my 10 foot dish.

ive been looking for this feed to as it dissappeared a bit before the hd switchover but canadian tv was and still is one full day ahead of the usa on days, so they must still feed it to them... lets just hope its not a nonsatellite feed!

:)
Well, I gave it another shot this morning and I found out a few things. I checked the signal on E2 6 about 3:55 AM Eastern time and noticed it was reading 70 on the 4DTV. It normally runs around 52 when there is no signal. I ran a blind scan with the Fortec Star and found pretty much what photoman76 found on 23 December. I found a signal at 3820 V 26.664. It was a pretty decent signal on the Fortec Star and it was locked, but there was no picture or audio. I found out that if I switched to another channel and back to the one I was testing I could hear audio for about a second and then nothing. I have a Coolsat 4000 in my possession so I decided to give that a try.
I ran a blind scan with that and found a signal at TP 11.079V 26.664.
The signal level was good on the Coolsat and the audio was good, but there was no picture. I could tell from the audio that it was the signal I had been looking for but something has changed. turbosat mentioned in his reply that maybe they had switched to S2. Do the symptoms that I have described indicate that they have switched to S2? If so, guess I will have to start looking for a S2 capable receiver. Thanks for your input in advance.

I believe the uplinker is Ascent Media for that feed, based on the SR being a SR they have used to feed HD shows in the past to Canada, I am willing to bet the feed is now in HD. Would explain why you only receive audio.

Yep. The CS4000 cant get HD...its a green screen and maybe audio (usually not though)
Need a HD receiver...not necessarily a S2 receiver. The CS4000 wouldnt have even scanned in the S2 feed

Thanks for the feedback. I will purchase a HD FTA receiver and give it a go. I will report the results when I get the new receiver. Thanks again for your help.

:up
Well I'm happy to report that the HD receiver did the trick. I was able to receive the Days of Our Lives feed this morning. It was a nice clear picture and the receiver indicated 1080i. FQ 3820 V, SR 26664. So it looks like I'm back in business. Thanks for all the feedback.

Never been interested in Days, but I do watch Y&R and wish I could find a feed to see it before it airs on the CBS master.

Well I'm happy to report that the HD receiver did the trick. I was able to receive the Days of Our Lives feed this morning. It was a nice clear picture and the receiver indicated 1080i. FQ 3820 V, SR 26664. So it looks like I'm back in business. Thanks for all the feedback.

happy its working for ya

What satellite and position? What satellite is E2?

If Days of Our Lives is seen on this feed what other programming do they show?

Iceberg is correct. It's Anik F2 (111.1)
for TheTechGuru The Y&R feed follows the DOOL feed. It starts at 5:15 AM eastern time. After these two feeds are completed, the signal goes off the air. I don't know if this uplink is used for anything else. Guess you would have to monitor it for 24 hours to find out. It appears that this satellite is not that active. I found two other channels that seem to be there all the time.
SCN FQ 4168 V SR 9737 (H.264)
SLN FQ 4168 V SR 9737 (H.264)
SCN Kids Network and the Saskatchewan legislature.

I'll look for Y&R.

Maybe this will help anyone trying to find the sat.

9rojkl.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.