dazed and confused

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
At this point, my best suggestion is to scrap everything. Get some beer and a couple guys together, and start all over.

May as well make a party of it. I'm in the process of buying a house. I've already got it planned to have 5 dish guys, 2 electricians, a phone guy, and an internet guy over to pre-wire ......the limit is when someone falls through the vaulted ceilings.

that's not funny... my partner actually fell through a few months back... caught himself on a ceiling joist. Bruised him up pretty good... pretty chopped insulation though... falling like pink rain drops... my god it was a mess... it's hell to clean up when the carpet is burbur. lol

Well, one BASIC question:

Are you following the aiming procedure as documented in the manual EXACTLY? Including all the way down to Step 16-17?

I suspect that the problem has to do with voltage to the switch. If the switch test reads "feed" the reciever is not seeing the DP34. Meaning there isn't enough voltage. Most comon problem is a bad connector, rusted connector, bad wire ( happened 2time in 5 yrs). Hard to find because all the leads from the reciever will have some power best way is to inspect each connector. Good luck.

Short spikes in your connectors will cause that problem as well. When you make your fittings do you cut the spike flush with the connector or leave them sticking out 1/16 of an inch or so? They should definitely NOT be flush. I have also seen spikes that are too long push the guts out of barrel connectors and cause that same problem.

Another question are you using RG-6 Coax even a cheaper Grade is better than RG-59. I had an installer a couple years ago who had this problem, finally I go to one of the jobs and my mouths drops open. After I told him several times not to use RG-59 he was. Replaced it with RG-6 and problem solved. It was with the superdish 105.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)