dazed and confused

mccloud147

Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
I've had 3 or 4 customers having problems... when a check switch is completed on a 105 superdish... with a 34 switch results come back as only ready a dp feed for the 119 only... it's the craziest thing... we've replaced the switch.. same results.. replaced the receiver... same results... replaced coax.. same results... even went as far as replaceing the dish... same results.... what the heck... We've done absolutely everything except petting it and calling it sweetheart... and yes it's grounded.. talked to adv. tech. no help there... just submitted an uncommon trend report.
Any suggestions ?

The SD will not read the same as a 500. Are you able to get programming? IIRC the check switch screen shows feeds for the lnbs. The real test is if you select each of the sats (105, 110, 119) on the signal meter, does it show a signal and that it is locked on the correct sat?

yes there is programming but only channels for the 119 signal meter reads nothing for 110 and 105...

Thanks for the welcome

Have you tried using different ports in the switch for 105? Did the receivers take the software upgrade? When you go to the Point Dish screen, does 105 show there as an option?

Basic questions...

Is the mount plumb?

Is the skew set correctly?

Do you get good signals on your meter at the dish for each line before the DP34?

that's also whats weird... if you hook up just the 119 it will read that on the switch... same for the rest... it will find individual sats if you hook them up 1 at a time. I have a bird dog sat meter... reads 100% to 99% on both 119 and 110 meter readings for 105 are at normal for my bd... at 47%... yep.. positive everything is plumb and level

as far as pics... i haven't taken any... but since i didn't get the problem resolved, i need to go back tomorrow and figure out something... if i remember i will take pics

ran all new coax... it's a piece of electronic equipment... mysteries? lol... i've bout pulled all my hair out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts