• Total voters

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
I started wondering a little while ago how many members on here are D* subs,and how many are E* subs.So,I thought that I would post a poll on here and see what kind of numbers we get.I am listing 4 options to choose from,as follows:#1.D* subs #2.E* subs #3.Both #4.None of the above...I have attempted to add a poll with these 4 options listed,but for some reason,it's not letting me add the poll to this thread. :confused: Would a mod please feel free to edit this and add a poll, listing the 4 options to make their choices from?Thanks in advance for the help with this poll. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for adding the poll dfergie. :) Current D* sub over here.Former 6+ year E* sub.

I voted both:
I subscribe to D* Total Choice Select, HD pak, and pay the DVR service fee.
I subscribe to E* HD pak, Voom pak, and pay the DVR service fee along with the BS access fee.

When/If E* allows me to exchange my 921 for a 622, that I will still own. I won't buy because I only need one receiver. I won't exchange now because that would be like giving them a receiver for the privilege of paying them rent for another, which would be stupid on my part. I will then drop D* completely. If it doesn't happen, I'll be content as is. So Dish, you have the ball, what are you going to do with it?

Al

D* sub for almost 2 years now. Hughes SD-HBH (1 active, 2 disconnected), D* D10-300, Philips DSR704, D* HR10-250; Total Choice Premier and HD pack.

Last edited:
Ex Dish customer (dropped it 3 months or so ago)
Really havent had Direct (had them for maybe a month when they bought out Primestar)

Starchoice customer here :)

Thought I would post a reply on here.It's been quite awhile since this thread has seen any action and thought that perhaps some of the newer members would be interested in voting on the poll if they notice it. :)

D* Sub 96-00
E* Sub 00-06
D* Sub 06-the death of Tivo

Hacked tivos are the best DVRs out there. Play MP3, streaming audio, backup programs to hard drive with no PQ degradation, MRV...

Doctor Bob said:
Out of 48,963 Members, only 150 took this pole!!!

I guess that people just don't like to take poles... but I did... LOL
LOL...Thanks for voting Bob...I agree,with almost 50,000 members on the site currently,it seems like more than 150 people would have posted a vote on here...This thread had not been accessed in awhile,so I posted a reply last night to get it active again,thinking that maybe more members (perhaps alot of the newer members) will see it and vote. :)

I suppose that, because I didn't see this pole until today, that a lot of other folks (including the ones that only come on once every 6 months) didn't see it either... LOL

It's funny, because when you put up a pole, it seems real important to you!!!Then you realize that it must not have been very important to the other folks out there... LOL

The reality is that most people don't want to answer our dumb questions... RONTGLMAO....

Doctor Bob said:
I suppose that, because I didn't see this pole until today, that a lot of other folks (including the ones that only come on once every 6 months) didn't see it either... LOL

It's funny, because when you put up a pole, it seems real important to you!!!Then you realize that it must not have been very important to the other folks out there... LOL

The reality is that most people don't want to answer our dumb questions... RONTGLMAO....
Thanks for the reply Bob.I agree,it seems that alot of the folks aren't very interested in polls.But,I figured that posting a poll like this on here would be a good idea,seeing that this site is a very informative tool for customers of not only the DBS services (D* and E*),but for other services like OTA,cable and IPTV too.I've also noticed that there have been a few more votes on the poll since posting a reply 2 days ago. :) I see that the site has now passed the 49,000 member number.I wonder how long before we see 50,000 members on here. :up :)

I must have voted in it at some point since the thread header shows me the current tally instead of the voting buttons (foggy brain can't recall).

Looks like for the single provider subs, E* is ahead of D* today (6-23) by almost 2-to-1. Is that what you expected? Is it perhaps because at the present, E* subs are a bit more pleased with their provider given the new HD channels and 622/211 receivers (problems not withstanding) and thus more inclined to participate, vs. D* subs? When D* leapfrogs ahead again (likely), will the poll results shift? Enquiring minds want to know...!

You can always "bump" it once a week or so to keep it in front of those who haven't opted-in. It might be interesting to note the vote ratio by time - does it reflect happenings within the industry or the specific providers?

(I'm always suspicious of poll results, even simple, unbiased ones like this one. What is a voter's motivation for voting, or more importantly, for NOT participating? Just some food for thought...)

Well the site is more E* centered ATM since that is were the news is. Has not been much on the D* side in a few months. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanks for the reply bhelms.In regards to the E* and D* numbers,I expected a difference due to the fact that E* is blowing D* away currently with the HD options/equipment they can provide at this time.Another issue I see is that D* is tight lipped in regards to any of their plans,where E* seems to be pretty open with the public about their plans.There seems to be very little or no notice at all when D* adds new programming to their channel line-up.But,in the future,when D* comes around to providing more HD than they have now,I would expect the numbers to even out somewhat.IMO,I think we will see a much more level playing field when it comes to HD offerings from E* and D*.That is,if/when D* gets their other birds up and running.IMO,it will always be a cat and mouse game for these two companies.Another thing is the "churn and burn" between the DBS companies seems to be a never ending thing,for whatever the reasons may be.Everyone has the choice to decide which provider they want,whether it is DBS,cable,OTA,FTA,IPTV,that is a fact.But,on that issue,I would imagine that there are many circumstances and issues involved for alot of people that only leaves them limited to one option when it comes to choosing a provider,such as their location,line of sight issues with the satellites,economics,bad experiences with customer services/equipment/billing,etc.Speaking for myself,cable is simply not an option in this area beacuse all they offer is basic cable with no plans to rebuild the system anytime in the near future.The local telephone co-op is currently working to bring IPTV to this area between now and the end of this year,so they say.If/when the IPTV option becomes available to us,I will definitely be giving it a try. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)