DBSTalk.com is down!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can someone decode this message?

Due to very high traffic, we are working to once again add more hardware to the sites operation. Until this is complete, some site features have been disabled and only registered members can access the site.

Even with that the traffic flow still brings the site down we are sorry to say. We hope to have this resolved later today as we are currently working on hardware.

Instead of having the site open and then closed again. It will now remain closed until we can have the new hardware in place.

We are sorry about this issue. You may care to try AVSForum.com for some current DBS news.

why try AVSForum?
They should instead refer them to the one Satellite site that is up:
SATELLITEGUYS.US :up

why not, after all, we refer people to there at times.

My thoughts exactly...

1) Who is writing these messages? The last two messages have had grammatical issues to the point that it becomes unintelligable. It's almost seems like the message is being written in a different language and is then translated into English using a third rate translation program.

2) Why not post a link over here? I see Brott has signed in to post a message from Earl. I thought we were living in a new era of peace between the sites. Why can't Earl sign in and speak for himself and why don't the other knowledgeable mods come over and share some information.

3) Go to AVSForums and try to navigate through their site for info...good luck!

devido ao tráfego muito elevado, nós estamos trabalhando a adicionamos uma vez outra vez mais ferragem à operação dos locais. Até que isto esteja completo, algumas características de local estiveram incapacitadas e somente os membros registados podem alcançar o local. Mesmo com aquele o fluxo de tráfego traz ainda o local para baixo que nós somos pesarosos dizer. Nós esperamos ter este hoje mais atrasado resolvido enquanto nós estamos trabalhando atualmente na ferragem. Em vez de ter o local abra e fechou-se então outra vez. Remanescerá agora closed até que nós possamos ter a ferragem nova no lugar. Nós somos pesarosos sobre esta edição. Você pode importar-se para tentar AVSForum.com para algumas notícias atuais de DBS.

2) Why not post a link over here? I see Brott has signed in to post a message from Earl. I thought we were living in a new era of peace between the sites. Why can't Earl sign in and speak for himself and why don't the other knowledgeable mods come over and share some information.
There is no issue between Earl or I. Earl is a good guy and I don't envy him due to the line he must walk to get all of us information.

Earl is a TRUE SatelliteGuy!

1) Who is writing these messages?

Anyone who knows Earl knows grammar is not his strong suit. That being said, I'm sure Earl is under an unbelievable amount of stress... why would proofreading be a priority for him right now? He needs to deal with the server and flooding (perhaps DoS?) issues.

I think that's David Bott's typing on the front page.

He types like he talks.

Earl does not have anything to do with the technical operation of the server itself, that is done by Chris and David.

I don't believe Earl is the culprit here. Earl stated in an earlier message that he would be "out" today. It also doesn't strike me that he works that end of DBSTalk. Much like most of the mods here do not get into "fixing" the site when things go awry.

Status
Please reply by conversation.