Just finished a self install of the Slimline, ? though..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ewjones1982

Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Hey guys, I just finished self installing the Slimline dish (or more like a re-install after I came out to find the tech placed it on a pole in my FRONT YARD), anyways, my question:

I have readings of between 95 and 100 on all transponders on the 101, 110, and 119 sats. The 103(b) just let up with all 90's, but what is with the 99(b) and 103(a), I have like 50's on those? What are your readings for these sats?

Are they not in final position, or how could I be in the 90's on everything else, including the Ka peak from the 103(b) but somehow missing the 99 unless it is not fully live?

Thanks for any help, I was rather skeptical of hitting the signals by myself without even a sat. meter, but seeing the 103b light-up made me feel better.

Hey guys, I just finished self installing the Slimline dish (or more like a re-install after I came out to find the tech placed it on a pole in my FRONT YARD), anyways, my question:

I have readings of between 95 and 100 on all transponders on the 101, 110, and 119 sats. The 103(b) just let up with all 90's, but what is with the 99(b) and 103(a), I have like 50's on those? What are your readings for these sats?

Are they not in final position, or how could I be in the 90's on everything else, including the Ka peak from the 103(b) but somehow missing the 99 unless it is not fully live?

Thanks for any help, I was rather skeptical of hitting the signals by myself without even a sat. meter, but seeing the 103b light-up made me feel better.

99b and 103a are spotbeams. If you are not near them, your signals will be low. Are you getting your locals in hd? If so, then those readings are too low. You should be getting at least one transponder in the 90's. What is your zip code?

99b and 103a are spotbeams. If you are not near them, your signals will be low. Are you getting your locals in hd? If so, then those readings are too low. You should be getting at least one transponder in the 90's. What is your zip code?

29412, We do not have HD locals in my area, so that makes sense for the terrible signals. Im guessing the national HD roll-out will all be on the 103b?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts