Deactivated HWS mistake

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

huskerhead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2003
Urbandale, Iowa
I turn family room tv on tonight and find I cannot access any channels. Check online and my new HWS that I activated Thursday has been deactivated and my H2K that I deactivated last Thursday and sent back Friday was reactivated. Also see that I'm being charged $12 for DVR and $12 for HWS after being promised that I would be grandfathered in to the old fee structure. Zach has been helping me on that but I'm beginning to lose hope. Should have never upgraded. Update: tech support reactivated my HWS and deactivated the H2K. Now I just need the fees fixed.

Any chance you have an email or something in writing? I believe you 100% that you were told that don't get me wrong, it's just one of those things I would never allow a phone CSR to tell me without something to prove it. I just can't stress enough and say enough times, never trust what a Dish phone CSR tells you. Not so sure a Chat CSR is much better, but you at least have it in writing. As a subscriber here you have the ultimate way to be sure changes are done right.
Hope Zach can get it reversed for you!

Any chance you have an email or something in writing? I believe you 100% that you were told that don't get me wrong, it's just one of those things I would never allow a phone CSR to tell me without something to prove it. I just can't stress enough and say enough times, never trust what a Dish phone CSR tells you. Not so sure a Chat CSR is much better, but you at least have it in writing. As a subscriber here you have the ultimate way to be sure changes are done right.
Hope Zach can get it reversed for you!

I have a couple pm's from DIRT.

That's what I'm afraid of for those of you folks that upgraded after the price hikes... Hope it gets sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

So far, everything is intact after upgrading my hopper 2k to a HWS and I got one of my HWS swapped via mail a week ago and DIRT confirmed my fees are still grandfathered. We'll see in a couple of days when my bill is generated (auto-pay kicked in yeserday).

Check "mydish.com" to see if fees changed. Here is mine after upgrade:
America's Top 250 $74.99
DVR Service $12.00
Hopper Receiver $12.00
HBO - 6 Mo (Reg $18) $9.00
Joey Receiver $7.00
Joey Receiver $7.00
Cinemax - 6 Mo (reg $13) $6.50
Showtime - 6 Mo (reg $13) $6.50
Starz - 6 Mo (reg $13) $6.50
BB@Home 1/2 - 6 Mo ($10/Mo) $5.00
Program Guide $4.25
HD 250 Free ($10/Mo) $0.00

Prior to upgrade it was $10 DVR fee and $7 Hopper fee

Don't lose hope. I had something similar happen when I swapped a joey with a HWS. DIRT set me up the last day before the hike with an install that day. Installer came without a Duo Node and had to reschedule. Tha caused the fees to increase, but DIRT got them put back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)