Deactivating Satellite 129 from Receiver

nmumark

Original poster
May 19, 2008
I received a new VIP722 due to a hard drive failure on my previous one. The new receiver shows activity from 110,119, 129 & 61.5. Previously 129 was not being received. I receive between 0-15 signal strength on 129, i would like to go back to my receiver not recognizing this satellite. Is there a way to do that? I can't remember how I got it set up like that before.

Hopefully this make sense, if you need more detail I will try to provide it. Thanks for your help!

I understand what you are asking, but are you sure you do not want 129? Do you have HD programming? If so you will not get anywhere near all the channels in HD with 119/110 and 61.5. Depending on a few things you may not need 61.5 and should get 129 instead. There is a chance you do need 61.5 also to get a couple of things.(If you are supposed to be on the Eastern Arc 61.5, 72, 77) I would just get the dish aligned better to get a better signal from 129.

But bottom line, if you have HD you need 129 if you do not get 72. If you only have SD you may be getting all the channels, but I can't be 100% sure of that either.

As for the foil, you would have to keep the foil on all the time though, because any time the receiver does a reboot/udate it will look to see what sat's are there. Is the 129 sat getting a signal a problem some how the way it is?

Tampa8 said:
I understand what you are asking, but are you sure you do not want 129? Do you have HD programming? If so you will not get anywhere near all the channels in HD with 119/110 and 61.5. Depending on a few things you may not need 61.5 and should get 129 instead. There is a chance you do need 61.5 also to get a couple of things.(If you are supposed to be on the Eastern Arc 61.5, 72, 77)

But bottom line, if you have HD you need 129 if you do not get 72. If you only have SD you may be getting all the channels, but I can't be 100% sure of that either.

He probably gets enough for it to show in the matrix but low signal pops the 015 when tuning a hd channel.

He shouldn't be on a mixed arc since E* no longer supports it (unless he has SD only, then I guess it's still OK since he's not really missing anything). To the OP, where are you located?

Once my trees fill out in the spring I tend to lose 129. I wasn't aware i was missing some channels. I'm on 120+ package, I thought 61.5 got all the channels that 129 got.

I will try to the aluminum foil trick, Thanks for your help.

I do receive HD and located in West Michigan.

He shouldn't be on a mixed arc since E* no longer supports it (unless he has SD only, then I guess it's still OK since he's not really missing anything). To the OP, where are you located?

Yep. To the OP, you should either have a full WA setup, or EA setup. Having a mixed arc (119/110/61.5) installed means you're missing some HD channels, and also makes you more likely to lose channels in the future due to satellite moves.

I do receive HD and located in West Michigan.

What's your zip code?

nmumark, there is another solution if you lose 129 in the trees and have no way to get it. Since you obviously can get 61.5 chances are good you can get 72. You can switch to the Eastern Arc and get everything. If there is a reason you need to be on the Western Arc for reasons we do not know... then you can keep 119/110, keep 61.5 and add 72. That will get you everything unless some day Dish decides to use 77 more, but I would not worry about that. That set-up I described (110/119, 61.5/72) is exactly what I have as I need 119 but can not see 129.

Last edited:
I have a question on this post concerning HD locals. I had a customer in the Oklahoma City Market that had no line of sight on the 129. I called to try and switch to a Eastern Arc and they said the HD locals were not available for that area. I added a 61.5 wing dish but as stated earlier the customer has lost channels. The customer gets the normal SD locals on the 110. Just curious if maybe I switch the 61.5 to 72 or add the 72 with a DPP44 if the customer could HD locals?

I have a question on this post concerning HD locals. I had a customer in the Oklahoma City Market that had no line of sight on the 129. I called to try and switch to a Eastern Arc and they said the HD locals were not available for that area. I added a 61.5 wing dish but as stated earlier the customer has lost channels. The customer gets the normal SD locals on the 110. Just curious if maybe I switch the 61.5 to 72 or add the 72 with a DPP44 if the customer could HD locals?

Nope. No way to get HD locals in the Oklahoma City market without LOS to 129. However, if you keep the 61.5 and add 72, they will gain the many HD national channels they are currently missing.

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network Oklahoma City, OK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)