Dead around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Summer. :)

Always gets slow this time of year. Plus no big satellite news. DIRECTV is in a holding pattern with the AT&T deal, and DISH is planning their next chess move with all their spectrum.

What is strange though, while the site is quiet the amount of users online are up.

Reactions: TheKrell
Well I hope their next chess move is to partner with either T-Mobile or Google or both to build out their fixed wireless network sooner rather than later. IIRC, one report discussed flood-routing from rooftop antennas, and even suggested Dish already has the rights to said rooftops. Are they building something incognito?

You never know what DISH is doing... that is one thing I like about them, they are always thinking and working ahead. :)

Nothing really going to happen until the end of the year if we find out about AT&T/DIRECTV, and Dish probably nothing until CES. I do not know if there has been a trial date with Dish vs Broadcasters. When these things happen there will be lots of news.

This time of year it's basically just service calls. People putting on new roofs and trees growing in the way lead to a lot of work orders.

Ouch... I just talked to one of the Big Wigs at one of the Satellite Company distribution companies and was told that business was so dead for them that they probably won't be in business 6 months from now. And this is a MAJOR distributor.

I guess its not just slow here.

Ouch... I just talked to one of the Big Wigs at one of the Satellite Company distribution companies and was told that business was so dead for them that they probably won't be in business 6 months from now. And this is a MAJOR distributor.

I guess its not just slow here.

We've been very slow as well. Just been a few service calls, upgrades and movers. I've only had two new customers sign up in the last few weeks and both had no line of site.

Double ungood.

BUT it's looking good for some. My employer has doubled in the last 5 years and will likely double again in the next 5-7 years.

Unrelated industry.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Reactions: Annie61
I wonder if it's dead for cable companies as well?

I think it's worse for them.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

I did the opposite and dropped Mediacom cable for Windstream DSL. Much happier than before. I think it varies everywhere.

You are probably correct. In my case the highest DSL available to me was 1.6 download. I went to cable and immediately went to 29 download. It costs more, but what a difference....

I know in our area everything is dead. Both sat companies, cable, and phone company are all searching for stuff to do. I've never been this slow on work

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Knock on wood, we've been keeping busy. Doing a lot of advertising but most of it is coming from word of mouth referalls.

I hope that's not one of our distributors Scott. Does it start with an 'A' or a 'P'? :)

Maybe consumers have finally decided enough is enough and are cutting the cord. There is Comcast news today: they "only" lost 144K TV subscribers last quarter (though their broadband business is still expanding).

Maybe consumers have finally decided enough is enough and are cutting the cord. There is Comcast news today: they "only" lost 144K TV subscribers last quarter (though their broadband business is still expanding).

Cable companies make more money on broadband than cable now as individual services. Of course since you have service anyways selling someone both is even more profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)