Here is to 19 years! Happy Birthday SatelliteGuys!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Wow... 19 years! A lot has changed over those 19 years but SatelliteGuys has changed and grown with the times!

Over the years we have seen technology change a lot and have gone from talking about the changes to being involved with the design of the hardware and software. In fact as I write this now a number of our SatelliteGuys members are testing and help shape the next generation of TV viewing technology, and that's something I am awfully proud of.

We wouldn't have survived the 19 years if not for the wonderful staff we have had over the years, and over the past years folks like KE4EST, MSMITH198025, RAOUL5778, and Ilya have really stepped up handing most of the moderation duties.

This year I forced myself to become a real system admin moving us off our old servers and onto the new server we are today, before the move we were paying someone a good amount of money each month to keep the site running and now I am doing it all on my own. In that time I have learned that sometime while everything appears to be setup perfectly, each server has its own quirks. I have had to learn UNIX quickly, and while we have had some issues, I am 99.5% happy with how things are running now

A few months ago we introduced our new Social Influencers forums, which is a section that allows you to watch the latest videos from some of the internet' biggest technology influencers, and I am very happy to say that these new forums are working and helping SatelliteGuys! With these new forums people are spending more time on SatelliteGuys watching these videos which helps us in our analytic ratings and has boosted our ad revenue over 20%!

Ad revenue is important these days to pay our bills as unfortunately the world of Satellite TV news has been really quiet the past few years, and because of this our Pub Memberships have been down, so the ad revenue helps fill the gap there.

But speaking of Pub Members, we would not be here today if it was not for the kind financial support of our Pub Members! Some of our Pub Members have been with us since day one, and I can not say THANK YOU enough to them and all that supported us over the years.

The internet ad world is a strange place and things keep changing all the time, if I had my choice we would have no ads, but unfortunately we have to pay the bills. With the server and personnel changes we made this year we are now operating most every month without me having to pay for some of the operations out of my pocket and thats a good place to be. Of course I would love to see that pick up some as early next year we have to pay again for all our domains, software licenses, add on renewals etc. As I said earlier the Internet ad world is a strange place, and what the Google God's like today that is working for, they may not like tomorrow, we have been and will always be at their mercy, but thankfully the Pub Members have been there especially when we needed them most. So again a big thank you to our Pub Members as again this site would not be here without their support.

SatelliteGuys has grown to be so much more than just satellite, we have become a community of friends talking about all kinds of things, we talk sports, cooking, music, radio and even cutting the cord. SatelliteGuys is your place to discuss almost everything.

For the last 19 years SatelliteGuys has been a living history book of the Satellite Industry, something I am proud of. A lot in the industry has changed over those 19 years, but in that time we have been here and as things continue to change we hope to be here for the next 19 years as well.

Thank YOU for 19 amazing years!

Congratulations on 19 years of Satellite Guys Scott! I'm glad to have been part of it for the last 8 myself. Here's to many more! :D

PS: Just sent some extra support your way to help keep the lights on. Wish it could be more but I guess every little bit helps!

Last edited:
Been here since day 2, seems like only yesterday...
Happy Birthday SatelliteGuys!
Don, you have been our ironman! I truly miss going to Las Vegas with you and doing all the fun things we use the do. The best one of course was "The Search for DIRECTV" :D

I hope we can do it again sometime. I miss you and everyone else who use to come and hang out with us at CES.

Thank YOU for all that you have done for SatelliteGuys!

Thank you, Scott, and thank Eva too, for letting Scott indulge his itch to be a resource for SatelliteGuys like me who might have started asking questions, and who now can provide answers to the next generation of SatelliteGuys.

I have always appreciated this Forum and its users. Some I have met in Real Life, but most of you are Friends I haven’t met in person.

Here’s to another 19 years! Happy Birthday/Anniversary!

Reactions: Jimbo and dfergie
I also want to thank Scott for maintaining an excellent site. I have been here for 16 years and have been helped numerous times. When the Dish installer did not know how to hook up two Hopper3 receivers I was able to show them the correct method through diagrams on this site. Many times you have saved me money by pointing out discounts and special promotions. Although we don’t always agree most of the posters are very civil. I appreciate how Scott has worked closely with Dish and has been able to have Dish support on the site.
Again thank you for all your hard work.
David Weber

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wow... 19 years! A lot has changed over those 19 years but SatelliteGuys has changed and grown with the times!

Over the years we have seen technology change a lot and have gone from talking about the changes to being involved with the design of the hardware and software. In fact as I write this now a number of our SatelliteGuys members are testing and help shape the next generation of TV viewing technology, and that's something I am awfully proud of.

We wouldn't have survived the 19 years if not for the wonderful staff we have had over the years, and over the past years folks like KE4EST, MSMITH198025, RAOUL5778, and Ilya have really stepped up handing most of the moderation duties.

This year I forced myself to become a real system admin moving us off our old servers and onto the new server we are today, before the move we were paying someone a good amount of money each month to keep the site running and now I am doing it all on my own. In that time I have learned that sometime while everything appears to be setup perfectly, each server has its own quirks. I have had to learn UNIX quickly, and while we have had some issues, I am 99.5% happy with how things are running now

A few months ago we introduced our new Social Influencers forums, which is a section that allows you to watch the latest videos from some of the internet' biggest technology influencers, and I am very happy to say that these new forums are working and helping SatelliteGuys! With these new forums people are spending more time on SatelliteGuys watching these videos which helps us in our analytic ratings and has boosted our ad revenue over 20%!

Ad revenue is important these days to pay our bills as unfortunately the world of Satellite TV news has been really quiet the past few years, and because of this our Pub Memberships have been down, so the ad revenue helps fill the gap there.

But speaking of Pub Members, we would not be here today if it was not for the kind financial support of our Pub Members! Some of our Pub Members have been with us since day one, and I can not say THANK YOU enough to them and all that supported us over the years.

The internet ad world is a strange place and things keep changing all the time, if I had my choice we would have no ads, but unfortunately we have to pay the bills. With the server and personnel changes we made this year we are now operating most every month without me having to pay for some of the operations out of my pocket and thats a good place to be. Of course I would love to see that pick up some as early next year we have to pay again for all our domains, software licenses, add on renewals etc. As I said earlier the Internet ad world is a strange place, and what the Google God's like today that is working for, they may not like tomorrow, we have been and will always be at their mercy, but thankfully the Pub Members have been there especially when we needed them most. So again a big thank you to our Pub Members as again this site would not be here without their support.

SatelliteGuys has grown to be so much more than just satellite, we have become a community of friends talking about all kinds of things, we talk sports, cooking, music, radio and even cutting the cord. SatelliteGuys is your place to discuss almost everything.

For the last 19 years SatelliteGuys has been a living history book of the Satellite Industry, something I am proud of. A lot in the industry has changed over those 19 years, but in that time we have been here and as things continue to change we hope to be here for the next 19 years as well.

Thank you Scott. This is a much better forum to be in. I really appreciate it,

Happy Birthday SatGuys. Keep up the good work Scott.

As one of those Pub Members, and the official bartender, that has been here since day 1 I have watched this site grow to be a true diamond in the rough. This has become my most used website and I love it! I have made many friends here, learned many things and taught many things. Thanks Scott for your vision and making this a premiere place to be!

Happy Anniversary to SatelliteGuys!

Thanks to Scott, Eva for the many hours given to supporting this awesome resource. Thanks to all of the current and past moderators who have shaped the site through the years.

Maybe someday we will have the opportunity to get together at another Satellite Expo or over a dinner at CES. Fun times!

Thank you for supporting one of my better habits!

19 Years...

Meme Reaction GIF

Thank you Scott. I've learned and gained a lot of good information on this website.
Snow White And The Seven Dwarves Dwarf GIF

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)