Dead around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure some customers are holding out until whatever mergers may happen finally happen. Uverse is changing in CT somehow, twc/comcast is doing their thing, etc etc.

The money is in internet now. Probably more growth with Hughesnet and Exede than Dish and Direct. I been progressively getting more calls here and there for Directv. They are doing bundles with Hughesnet in our area. A lot of people are taking that bundle deal. They are even doing phones through Hughesnet now. There are even people switching from cable to Directv / Hughesnet bundle now.

From the numbers I have seen there have been a lot of acquisition of cable internet customers but a drop in the number of those with cable tv.

Yes, and most of the converts from cable internet to HughesNet have been deceived by the DirecTV sales dweebs and are not happy at all when they find out about the HN data caps and performance compared to their old cable modem.

Yes, and most of the converts from cable internet to HughesNet have been deceived by the DirecTV sales dweebs and are not happy at all when they find out about the HN data caps and performance compared to their old cable modem.

Terrible business practice. I will not sell satellite internet to anyone unless I know it's their only option.

Reactions: TheKrell
Terrible business practice. I will not sell satellite internet to anyone unless I know it's their only option.

Agreed! They get 'sold' on the phone, some fly by night comes around and slaps it all in, then they call us to bitch because we're the only ones they can get on the phone.

A month later and it's still dead! :( In Maryland's PG county schools started up again last week. In Montgomery County they began this morning. In Fairfax County, VA where I live, they begin next week. I know it's technically still summer, but it doesn't feel like it. I worry for this forum.

I've been around for years. At this point, I am simply not impressed with anything that has come down the pike. VOD on DirecTV was the last interesting thing that has caught my attention. I check in on the headlines and recent threads, but don't find many topics that are different than they have been in the last five years. Genie Minis, and wireless connections are about all that is new and certainly there has been progress...but it just doesn't seem as "cutting edge" as it used to be. I really fear the impending merge with AT*T. I know there are many who feel this will be fine, but I really believe AT*T looks to squeeze the most out of their products and only move projects forward when competition forces them to. Things will probably stagnate more when AT*T gets their hands on DirecTV.

Hey Mike welcome back and I agree with your points.

I don't think the cutting edge has added a good new feature in a long long time. And yes Directvs VOD was amazing when it came out, dish's VOD has still not caught up to Directvs offerings and ease of use yet

Glad to see you back!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

A month later and it's still dead! :( In Maryland's PG county schools started up again last week. In Montgomery County they began this morning. In Fairfax County, VA where I live, they begin next week. I know it's technically still summer, but it doesn't feel like it. I worry for this forum.

I wouldn't set sweat pumps to fast just yet.

We can always trash how stupid that new LG "4K" UHD TV is. 65 inches of showing how stupid you are.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

I live in a tourist town,unfortunately,and it's been quiet around here all summer.The county is whining about sales taxes being way down,which means they're gonna jack up property taxes.Price of fuel,up,food,up.Look at the stands at Nascar races,lots of empty seats.Despite what they keep trying to tell you,nobody's got any money,especially for toys(and really everything here is about "toys"),I know I sure as hell don't.

Reactions: pickone4me
Hey Mike welcome back and I agree with your points.

I don't think the cutting edge has added a good new feature in a long long time. And yes Directvs VOD was amazing when it came out, dish's VOD has still not caught up to Directvs offerings and ease of use yet

Glad to see you back!

So you don't like the restart feature that was tested in CE?

I live in a tourist town,unfortunately,and it's been quiet around here all summer.The county is whining about sales taxes being way down,which means they're gonna jack up property taxes.Price of fuel,up,food,up.Look at the stands at Nascar races,lots of empty seats.Despite what they keep trying to tell you,nobody's got any money,especially for toys(and really everything here is about "toys"),I know I sure as hell don't.
Every price increase and economic hardship can be traced back to the cost of fuel.

I don't know what it's like where you live but I don't think that it's because people don't have any money. If fact the economy is the best it's been in a few years and jobs are still plentiful in my area. The biggest change is the fact that people are now very careful with their money ever since the recession. It's not that they don't have the money, they are just more careful with it.

There was an article I read about the beer industry and how the major breweries like Coors and Budweiser are seeing sales shrink but the opposite is happening with craft brews. Craft breweries are picking up a good chunk of market share with their growth and it's baffling the major beer corporations. Mr. Coors himself said something about how surprised he was at how people are willing to spend their money on more expensive craft beers when times are so tough. He feels that if people are struggling with money they should be wanted to get more bang for their buck by buying a 30 pack of light beer. The truth is, people have the money but they now want to spend it on more quality and not so much quantity. More people are staying at home and enjoying their time there.

This is just the opinion I gather. It may be different from each region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts